SS Supercharged = 13.92@93

dcairns

what are your 60 foot times? 1.3?? LOL

on my S10 SS V6 on a 75 shot 14.0@99 wiht 2.3 60 foot time on 275 35 18s. how are you hitting 13.9s with only 93 mph trap speed?????????? and a truck that weighed 2000 more than mine?

do you have the time slip scanned i just want to see somthing?

and do you live in north california id like to set up a race at the local track with yah. just a little v6 s10 thats it

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very nice. around the times i expected the radix would get for ya. i think the 400rwhp number is a bit optimistic with only a best of 95 mph, but either way getting into the 13's is how the ss should be. :) good job and nice truck. :cheers:

btw: schmidty he did add a supercharger, that doesn't mean it wasn't underpowered stock.

Yes the SS is underpowered stock as compared to a very few amount of other trucks. For example, the lightning. But remember Zippy that it takes power to make power! I just feel you're not giving the naturally aspirated 6.0 its due credit. However, I understand that you, like so many others, just wanted Chevy to manufacture the SS with power mods already in place. As you can see by Dave's gain of a second or better in time Chevy has handed us a damn good building block even if it 's served up in an overweight, overpriced package! Just letting you know where I'm coming from here. :D

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys. Regardless of the numbers, I think the SS is more fun to drive with the supercharger.

I wish Carlsbad was not such a shoddy operation. They didn’t have the time slip printer setup right when I made my first run, so I just got the basic info from the tower.

First run and last run:

timeslipsc.JPG

Last run, in case you have trouble seeing it:

60ft -- 2.025

330ft -- 5.791

1/8 -- 8.930

mph -- 78.01

¼ -- 14.056

mph -- 95.17

I think you have a couple of issues, one being torque management. TM is designed to pull timing on aggressive standing starts and during shifts. Autotap would be a good investment. I would highly recommend it.

Do you know how much fluid the stock intercooler pumps? I would invest in an electric fan off a tranny cooler or something like that.

BigTex, I think you are probably right on all points there. I just need to find out if the programming from Magnacharger has locked my computer. There are definitely some things to be worked out on this system to get things more consistent. Auto Tap would be good way to see what is going on. On reflection, I did notice the shift from 1-2 has a kind of mush to it for about a second. I suspect that is our old friend, torque management as I think the rpms are up high enough that is shouldn’t be bogging down. The intercooler pump is the same one used on the Lightning and http://www.jaycorptech.com/shop/shopdispla...2v+Cooling+Fans has some fans that might do the trick for cooling things down with the engine off. The only thing I am not sure about is the thickness of the fans. It is hard to believe, but there is only about 2” left between the intercooler and the grill. I have also been daydreaming about putting a big intercooler in the lower grill opening.

You've still got plenty left in the package imho.  The trap speed doesn't match your improved et.  You should have picked up more mph...   :confused:

MN C5 - Acceleration seems good up till the shift to second, after that, the G forces diminish. I don’t know if that is how most cars accelerate, torque management or perhaps the intercooler running out of cool. And I am not sure how much the 20 inch wheels and AWD hurt me on the top end.

98 SS ON NOS – I am in Southern California. As you can see from the detail on the 14.056 run, acceration is pretty good on the bottom end and seems to get flat at higher speeds.

I don’t think it was under powered in stock form, just under what I wanted. I really like the low end punch the supercharger gives. I guess I prefer that kind of power for stop-light to stop-light fun. As I like to think of it, "the right amount of too much". :D

oh, i'm not cutting on the 6.0. i think it's a great set up, but more for a 2wd if your going sport. i feel once they decided awd and extended cab with 20's was the way to go, they could have bumped it up a bit more. wouldn't have taken much to get it to around 380 hp. the awd extended cab idea works out well for many of the baby boomer crowd they planned to sell them too, but some aren't willing to pay the price and some don't like the limited availability of a truck that's made to just plain be used. i do like dave's idea of the right amount of too much (never too much for me though) as i feel ss define's the idea of the right amount of too much....:)

btw, what are the current shift points dave???

hey that new silverado ss if they come out with it next year single cab 6 speed with 4.56 gears(i think would come with 373) would run mid 13s all day long

ahh yes, we can hope.... I think they should just stop messing around and give us an ulta badass SCed 8.1 rcsb sportside 6 speed SRT eater... and call it.... The Chevrolet :devil: SkullCrusher :cool: ... RARRRR!

I've been here 1.5 hrs and I'm ready for the day to be over... ugh, work sucks... :sigh:

• 1 month later...

Great job Dave, A man that follows through with what he says he is going to do. Looks like the supercharger did the trick for the SS 13.90s is great for a full size truck and it will run with most Lightning’s in stock form. Well we have a new member in our family I picked up another 67 camaro for some street fun the track car was just once a month now I get to drive one everyday :D

5450 lbs. with a 13.92 ET is supposed to take 400 wheel HP.

I punched that 13.92 @ 93 mph number with a weight of 5450 lbs. into a bunch of different performance calculators....... they all came back in the 340-350 rwhp range. Of course if you do the math - that puts the flywheel number in the 425-440 range. (25% driveline loss?) You are definately getting some good launches out of the hole. My truck had to go over 100 mph just to get into the 13s!

Good Job! It takes a bunch of work to get something as heavy as a full size truck into the 13s. :thumbs:

5450 lbs. with a 13.92 ET is supposed to take 400 wheel HP.

I punched that 13.92 @ 93 mph number with a weight of 5450 lbs. into a bunch of different performance calculators

What were they? Where did you get them? Just looking for info

Archived