9 batteries later.....

Aspentaylor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before any mods I went through 2 in a year. Currently if my SS sits longer than 2 weeks without a start up its dead. :dunno:  I bought a Solar charger and it was working until GF pulled wire loose from cigarette lighter plug.  :mad:

I couldn't even go a week before my was :sick:

Before any mods I went through 2 in a year. Currently if my SS sits longer than 2 weeks without a start up its dead. :dunno:  I bought a Solar charger and it was working until GF pulled wire loose from cigarette lighter plug.  :mad:

I couldn't even go a week before my was :sick:

I flew to CA for the holidays, and I was really biting my nails wondering if the truck would start when I got back - fortunately, it did!

Mr. P. :)

9 batteries? Damn.

Sounds like you may have a ground (short) somewhere, or a weak ground. Assuming they have checked out your charging system.

Have you gone to different size pulleys?

If you have a meter - check your battery without the motor running and it should be 12+ volts, say 12.7vdc, then check it with the engine running - should be 14+ volts, say 14.5vdc. If you're not getting at least close to the 14volts with engine running then your charging system may not be putting out enough.

Have they checked the voltage regulator? Has your alternator been replaced at all during all of this?

I have tried two different dealerships and I have only pulled my horse trailer a couple times with this truck. I have not done anything to the truck and I drive it normally. Futhermore, nothing has been added to the truck. Everytime I have taken it to the dealership they say there is a dead cell in the battery. I am not wasting money on getting anything for it such as a better batter considering the truck is still under warranty. Also, the truck falls within the lemon law in Maryland. Hopefully I will have a new truck at GM's expense. Only time will tell. Also....I have no idea what most of you guys are saying. The only thing I know how to do is change my oil and that is the extent of my knowledge....No i have not gone to a different sized pulley, the alternator has not been replaced b/c the dealership sees no need to do that....stupid dealership. Plus the guys never take me seriously anyways. I tell them my battery is dead and they just rub it off their shoulders thinking I am an idiot. I can say I have everyone at that service department pissed off b/c I keep coming back. The worst part is I have to sit at the dealership for three hours before they can give me a new battery. They said they are to run standardized tests or GM will deny giving me a new battery!!!

Me smells troll!

Four posts, in one thread, and you guys take this serious?

Nobody goes through 9 batterys that quick.

FYI-The nine batteries have been within a periord of about 6-8 months. I cannot remember the exact period of time. I am awaiting another one soon. I already have noticed the signs of another death...

Me smells troll!

FYI-The nine batteries have been within a periord of about 6-8 months. I cannot remember the exact period of time. I am awaiting another one soon. I already have noticed the signs of another death...

One more thing...I have all the paperwork and an attorney... oh yeah...and a bunch of people who have watched me go through all this crap! Do you really think I would lie about having to get nine damn batteries!!! How much fun would that be? NOT!

Me smells troll!

One more thing...I have all the paperwork and an attorney... oh yeah...and a bunch of people who have watched me go through all this crap! Do you really think I would lie about having to get nine damn batteries!!! How much fun would that be? NOT!

OH wait...and here is another nice tidbit. I went through one battery in TWO WEEKS in July and had to have it changed in the middle of my vacation. What fun!

• 1 month later...

Archived