9 batteries later.....

Aspentaylor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Silverado battery was failing me also. Left it at the dealer for two days and they finally tracked it down to the passenger power seat limit switch. My girlfriend ran the seat to the stop switch and the switch stuck. It would intermittently draw high amps and stop, over and over again. The main body switch would kick out and about every 25 seconds it would kick in and draw the battery down (all night long). New limit switch and problem free since. Electrical problems can be frustrating. Good luck to you.

My Silverado battery was failing me also. Left it at the dealer for two days and they finally tracked it down to the passenger power seat limit switch. My girlfriend ran the seat to the stop switch and the switch stuck. It would intermittently draw high amps and stop, over and over again. The main body switch would kick out and about every 25 seconds it would kick in and draw the battery down (all night long). New limit switch and problem free since. Electrical problems can be frustrating. Good luck to you.

Thank you! I need it. I am glad they found your problem. That is one of the things they looked for when inspecting my truck. Too bad it was not that simple!

I see my charge meter drop from 14.2 to just under 12 every day. It always does it after the truck is warmed up, and stays there. If the alt. checks out okay the next thing I would look at would be ground wires.

But this thread is a gr8 point of reference when my 1st battery dies, if it does. It probably will---Im taking my son to Australia for 3 weeks tonight :) If there is a charging issue it would pop up by the time I get home.

Dang Im gonna miss my SS--hopefully the Holden Adventra Ive rented will be decent---should be, same platform as Caddy SRX, with a LS1, and Monaro (gto) front sheet metal :)2003_adventra_12.jpg

I see my charge meter drop from 14.2 to just under 12 every day.  It always does it after the truck is warmed up, and stays there.  If the alt. checks out okay the next thing I would look at would be ground wires.

But this thread is a gr8 point of reference when my 1st battery dies, if it does.  It probably will---Im taking my son to Australia for 3 weeks tonight  :)  If there is a charging issue it would pop up by the time I get home.

Dang Im gonna miss my SS--hopefully the Holden Aventura Ive rented will be decent---should be, same platform as Caddy SRX, with a LS1, and Monaro (gto) front sheet metal  :)2003_adventra_12.jpg

I missed my SS when I left for a week and half. I can only imagine! When my battery starts to go, within in a minute after the truck is turned off and only the radio is playing, the meter will drop to the red line. Its insane! Then nothing works. I have to let the truck sit a while before it will even get close to starting. I should have this "6 year" battery dead within the next month guaranteed!

aspen, my wife says its a good thing to go thru batteries. but she aint talking about a truck. lol

i had mine die. it was in for warranty service from a night drop. they had to cold start in the am with me present to find this weird exhaust noise. it was totally dead. they charged me 45 bucks to start it. then said nothing was wrong with it.

i paid to have them run an all night diagnostic, they claim my starter / alarm is the cause so no warranty. now let me say that this was the only time in 1.5 years it has spent the night outside, let alone not at my house. (garage is kept at 75 deg in winter....)

i thought i'd let it all ride and see what happened. that was the only time ever it had died. never since or before. oh, someone at the stealership parked it in a different spot than i did, but didnt put it inside. ????hmmm

People are dumb! Oh yeah, by the way, I got the new battery and once again this morning I found myself jump starting my truck. Its so dead I have to jump start it every time I drive it!!! What was that...2 weeks this time! :mad::banghead::mad::banghead:

I'm feelin you. I've had my share of dealerships. First I take my truck in for an obvious tranny problem so they can blame my supercharger EFI and then after 3 visits and over $300.00 they tell me what I already knew. The tranny is fried and not under warranty. Then my wife's check engine light comes on last night. I'm afraid of what they might find. Hope those nim rods figure it out soon. Have they tried testing all your fuses with a meter. Maybe something is drawing a whole lot of power on a relay or accessory or something! Your story just sounds crazy!

I'm feelin you. I've had my share of dealerships. First I take my truck in for an obvious tranny problem so they can blame my supercharger EFI and then after 3 visits and over $300.00 they tell me what I already knew. The tranny is fried and not under warranty. Then my wife's check engine light comes on last night. I'm afraid of what they might find. Hope those nim rods figure it out soon. Have they tried testing all your fuses with a meter. Maybe something is drawing a whole lot of power on a relay or accessory or something! Your story just sounds crazy!

They said they have tested everything. Now I do not know what their definition of everything is, but it sux. Just today the one guy at the dealership said, "Wow. This is a reoccuring problem, isn't it?" I was like....uhhhh and you now just figured this out. He put me on hold and a minute later he said next time I bring it in a supervisor will get involved. I was like :banghead::banghead::banghead: I have had a couple supervisors involved before, a tech from out of state and a tech from my attorney's office. What good is a tech going to do now. I just sit back and watch the idoits at work now. :pop:

I have had a couple supervisors involved before, a tech from out of state and a tech from my attorney's office. What good is a tech going to do now. I just sit back and watch the idoits at work now. :pop:

Funny you should mention "techs" I just got a call from my wife. The idiots can't find a problem with her truck(Dakota). They have to keep the truck overnight because retarded tech 1 can't figure it out so they need to find another jackass to look at it. I know diagnosing problems as a mechanic can be tough, but I've just run out of patience with these people.

:dunno:

I have had a couple supervisors involved before, a tech from out of state and a tech from my attorney's office. What good is a tech going to do now. I just sit back and watch the idoits at work now. :pop:

Funny you should mention "techs" I just got a call from my wife. The idiots can't find a problem with her truck(Dakota). They have to keep the truck overnight because retarded tech 1 can't figure it out so they need to find another jackass to look at it. I know diagnosing problems as a mechanic can be tough, but I've just run out of patience with these people.

:dunno:

Sorry to hear that. I know how YOU feel. My first three batteries I always went in and ripped a new one. Now I cannot let it get to me or I will look like such a :devil: I try to be as nice as possible even though I feel as though I could strangle everyone in there. The crap they have put me through is enough to last me a lifetime. Oh well-I always do my homework, wait and laugh at the results. Not much more I can do until the lawsuit is over and I get my new truck. :cheers:

Hi Aspen...

Just wondered, do you have an aftermarket aarm? Is it a Code-Alarm w/auto window down and remote start?

Because I had a problem with my alarm module related to the installation-it had a major current draw with the key off, and my battery would die after 5 days sitting..

This was in my 2003, not my SS.

Just brainstorming and trying to help.

Archived