Running Boards

Well, my new unit just arrived, and I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking for any ideas on the coolest looking running boards - my SS is BLACK.

I had Dee Zee boards on my old truck - they were the best, and I had all kinds of people asking me where I got them. Kind of wondering what any of you might think. I like the truck with boards, better than without - (so does my wife when she's getting in and out!).

Thanks for your thoughts -

xlman,

Modding out your ride is so personal. You gotta do what YOU like, it really doesn't make any difference what the rest of us think. That said, as long as you asked, I'd say no. I have chrome nerf (step) bars on mine and I like that look but running boards are a whole different animal and just would not go with a "sport truck" image. Just my opinion.

I'll bet you're thrilled about getting it tomorrow. Enjoy. It's a GREAT truck. :thumbs:

:D i agree, just say no. if you must put something on the side because you can't resist hanging something off the side of your truck, go with the bars like lee has.

You could possibly use the optional C3 running boards as they will have to be painted the body color and they even have built in mud flaps & rear bed section as well. Just a thought, if you think you really want running boards.

Bear: 01" Pewter"C3

Sounds like the consensus is for nerf - - - - I'll have to spend some time looking at those guys who are running around with them already this weekend - - - - - anyway -those guys are all looking back at me !

I love the "head-turning" I'm seeing as guys are spotting this new SS - especially at intersections. Everybody wants to know all about it. Grreat trucks we got here, guys! :thumbs::thumbs:

Hey T - I took the ones off my '99 Silverado and mounted them on the SS. I would assume as the vehicle did not change between '99 and '03 that the bars are the same. Unfortunately, because of the cladding on the SS you have to extend the front bracket down about 1/2 inch and the rear bracket 1/4 inch. After you do that they fit fine. Check out the pics of my SS under Picture Post/ Lee's SS thread.

:rolleyes: I have been checking out the Side Winder. It's a retractable step. The problem is that the clading and the extended rocker creats a problem. I suggested another way to mount the unit to them however they are not much interested and have not even looked at an SS. I told them to send one to me and I would to the R&D for them. No reply.

See: http://www.americastruckcenter.com.

Archived