Lean cruise mode

383ss

I don't think your results are all that earth shattering. Even with a 410, with stgIII heads, if I set my cruise at 55-65mph I can get 18mpg. Verified with a 200-mile test without using what the dic said. I got 12.8mpg towing a boat (about 2700lbs) from FL to VA, even with quite a bit of an uphill grade most of the way with my cruise control set at 65mph.

If you change the throttle just the slightest in the positive manner, everything goes out the window. That is true even on the stock motor though.

I don't think what you are doing will make that great of difference. Keeping your foot out of the throttle gets the best mileage. Not a lean cruise trick, IMO.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eriks right, :P If you are interested PM me I've got a few spare PCM's just need a VIN.

A couple MPG is about all I've seen vs one of my standard tunes anyway. Ah, crap I'm not a supporting Vendor :jester: can't help ya sorry :seeya:

Eriks right,  :P  If you are interested PM me I've got a few spare PCM's just need a VIN. 

A couple MPG is about all I've seen vs one of my standard tunes anyway. Ah, crap I'm not a supporting Vendor :jester: can't help ya sorry :seeya:

you've put in enough work to earn it mentioning it i think. :thumbs:

Archived