Lean cruise mode

383ss

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, went on a 600 mile roadtrip today and got difinitive results!!! I basially took it in 100ish mile legs filling up with gas each time. not topping off the tank, just stopping when it automaticaly does. this was almost all interstate miles with little traffic, just set the cruise and went.

I started out with the settings how I posted them earlier and then changed to what wait4me describes .1289 in the cruise areas. I'll post what I came up with later.

hope you can understand my crude spreadsheet...

column 1 is the program I used, LC2 is the original, LC3 is my modified, !LC is lean cruise disabled.

column 2 is what I set the cruise at, WC was my work commute the last week (city and highway driving).

column 3-4 is the miles per gallon actually calculated and what the DIC said, DIC was consistantly 2-2.5 more than actual

column 4-5 is the same for gallons used.

Column 6 is octane put in tank

Column 7 is the MPH that the DIC showed for the trip.

----------------------MPG----------------Gallons

prgm - mph -Actual -DIC -miles - Actual- DIC -Octne -AvgMph

!LC | ~75 | 14.28 | 16.5 | 121.0 | 8.47 | 7.3 | 92 | 73

LC2 | ~75 | 16.16 | 18.0 | 133.3 | 8.25 | 7.4 | 91 | 71

LC3 | ~75 | 15.75 | 18.4 | 111.1 | 7.05 | 6.0 | 92 | 72

LC3 |55-65 | 18.7 | 20.3 | 114.1 | 6.09 | 5.6 | 92 | 59

LC3 | ~80 | 14.15 | 16.2 | 115.4 | 8.15 | 7.1 | 91 | 79

LC2 | WC | 14.89 | 18.1 | 201.9 | 13.56 | 11.1 | 91 | 46

overall I am VERY happy with the results!! the most important are the !LC program which gave the baseline for the test. this was with lean cruise disabled mpg came in at 14.28, cruising at the same speed, mpg with LC3 program was about 16.0!!! amost 2MPG GAIN :eek:

I also had a little regular highway driving in Iowa (row 4) with a 55 mph speed limit, I mixed that with 65mph on the interstate before and after and got 18.7mpg!!! this is in a truck with a cam! :cool:

test was performed with the tailgate up, other mods are K&N FIPK, mildly ported TB, 222 cam and ASP pulleys. a e-fan will go on next week. I think if I had a tonneau cover, e-fans and a stock cam, I could get 20-22mph at 60mph :smash:

• 6 months later...

That is incorrect. Hp does not actually turn it on either. Both have tables that you can modify, but there are operating system checks that bypass the information you put into the tables. It looks to see if it is a holden platform.

Efilive however can "do what you need" but in a different way. There are new tables on the custom operating systems that allow you to set up what ever fuel percent you would like to run and it is a map vs rpm table. :)

That is incorrect.  Hp does not actually turn it on either.    Both have tables that you can modify,  but there are operating system checks that bypass the information you put into the tables.    It looks to see if it is a holden platform.

Efilive however can "do what you need"  but in a different way.  There are new tables on the custom operating systems that allow you to set up what ever fuel percent you would like to run and it is a map vs rpm table.  :)

My bad, Jesse, sorry. I knew from our conversation that Live didn't do it, but saw one of the HPT guys talk about how to get around the check sum like they did or something. I know it was "against the law" and was curious how they didn't get in trouble for it. I know Live has it's ways around it too, but I'm not that savy with code, and sounds like the custom OS's are they answer anyway.

I'll be gettting with you shortly on the commercial upgrade. :thumbs:

:) The checksums are a piece of cake to fix. So is the actual nop in the code, but like you say, Jail time aint worth it for anyone to be dealing with, nor getting a major software company shut down for us being greedy for 2 mpg. There are definatly ways around anything. You just gotta find the cracks....

Archived