Lean cruise mode

383ss

well, it seemes to have made a difference so far...  getting about 18-19mpg now on the highway.  that's a 1-2 mpg gain.

:eek: Wow!! What is your normal cruise speed on the Highway??? I'm usually cruising along at 78-79 MPH, and I usually can't get mine higher that 15 at that speed (according to the instant MPG indicator on the computer).. I still haven't gotten a tonno cover though.. Do you have one?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, it seemes to have made a difference so far...  getting about 18-19mpg now on the highway.  that's a 1-2 mpg gain.

:eek: Wow!! What is your normal cruise speed on the Highway??? I'm usually cruising along at 78-79 MPH, and I usually can't get mine higher that 15 at that speed (according to the instant MPG indicator on the computer).. I still haven't gotten a tonno cover though.. Do you have one?

no toneau cover. mods are in sig.

that's cruising about 65-75mph. I got 19mpg on the way home from work. 35 miles...

you need hptuner or ls1edit to enable it.

Cool.. could you do me a favor and do a five or ten mile run at 78-79 MPH and see what those numbers are... I might seriously consider a programmer if the gains are good enough..  Thanks alot.. good info.

did about 15 miles at 75mph. got 17.6mpg. I really need to check this vs actual though. I think thursday I will be taking a 600 mile roadtrip. I'll get exact results then. :)

here's what I used.

Enable 50, Disable 80

Enable delay 100, moving enable delay 100

leanout rate .0010

on your enable dissable, you need to have the dissable lower than your enable, so it should be, enable 50, dissable 45 The way you have it, the truck will never shut off the lean cruise even in normal driving and in the city. it will make your engine run hotter, and not real responsive like it should.. but when you put it the other way, it is only active where it should be, and shuts off when you are city driving. Ive been setting this stuff up for people on ebay :)

here's what I used.

Enable 50, Disable 80

Enable delay 100, moving enable delay 100

leanout rate .0010

on your enable dissable, you need to have the dissable lower than your enable, so it should be, enable 50, dissable 45 The way you have it, the truck will never shut off the lean cruise even in normal driving and in the city. it will make your engine run hotter, and not real responsive like it should.. but when you put it the other way, it is only active where it should be, and shuts off when you are city driving. Ive been setting this stuff up for people on ebay :)

hmm, ok. that parameter is kinda confusing then. I was assuming it would enable in the range of 50 to 80 and be disabled anywhere outside that.

you are saying, if I put it your way it will be enabled anywhere above 50 and be disabled anywhere below 45, right?

what about the delays? what is the difference between them? the moving one seems obvious, but is the other if it is just sitting idling? I think I may lower to to 40 seconds or so.

did about 15 miles at 75mph.  got 17.6mpg.  I really need to check this vs actual though.  I think thursday I will be taking a 600 mile roadtrip.  I'll get exact results then.  :)

Awesome.. :cool: Thanks a bunch for doing that for us...

Now, I've got another question.. Say I have this lean mode enabled, crusing along at 75 MPH, and I decide I need to punch it to get around someone.. (evil grin.. :devil:), will it "come out" of lean mode?? Is that what the delays you guys are talking about are for? :dunno: Thanks again for all the info.. :chevy:

Awesome.. :cool:  Thanks a bunch for doing that for us...

Now, I've got another question.. Say I have this lean mode enabled, crusing along at 75 MPH, and I decide I need to punch it to get around someone.. (evil grin..  :devil:), will it "come out" of lean mode?? Is that what the delays you guys are talking about are for? :dunno:   Thanks again for all the info..  :chevy:

i think that WOT has it's own set of parameters but I am not sure about part throttle passing.

Excellent.. God I love computers! I know we've had the whole "why the hell did you buy a big gas guzzling truck if you care about gas mileage" discussion several times before, but it's cool to know that it's possible to have a 'decent gas mileage for it's size' machine as well as an awesome performance truck at the push of a button (the big button on the right hand side that is)! :devil::driving:

Now.. do you have to have a programmer or can I have Lynden Westers hook me up with this? Apparently there are some legal issues here? We don't have inspections in Arkansas if that matters...

I wanna fire up HTP and set this stuff up, but somthin is tellin me to hold off... Are we sure this is safe for the truck? Zippy, or any of you other programmin dudes chime in on this one for me? I live in FL and we don't do inspection so this isn't an issue for me.

Thanks,

Nate

Excellent.. God I love computers!  I know we've had the whole "why the hell did you buy a big gas guzzling truck if you care about gas mileage" discussion several times before, but it's cool to know that it's possible to have a 'decent gas mileage for it's size' machine as well as an awesome performance truck at the push of a button (the big button on the right hand side that is)!  :devil:  :driving:

Now.. do you have to have a programmer or can I have Lynden Westers hook me up with this? Apparently there are some legal issues here? We don't have inspections in Arkansas if that matters...

yes, you have to have ls1edit or hptuner. weather websters or pcmforless would do it, I don't know. inspectors wouldn't have a clue. there would be no way to tell. even with a sniffer, it is set up with a delay, so I doubt it would catch it.

i don't see it being much of a problem it can cause much higher egt's than wanted and higher NOx emissions when it's in use. other than that, i don't think it would even be bad on a supercharged truck. it only is going to come in under low load/low rpm conditions which is a no boost condition for a supercharged truck.

Archived