Lean cruise mode

383ss

on a stock SSS is lean cruise mode supposed to be disabled?? I would expect we can get better gas mileage with this enabled, but the F/A Subractor vs. Cyl Air and multi vs ECT, need info in them.

anyone messed with this? I would guess it would be worth 1mpg or so...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on a stock SSS is lean cruise mode supposed to be disabled??  I would expect we can get better gas mileage with this enabled, but the F/A Subractor vs. Cyl Air and multi vs ECT, need info in them.

anyone messed with this?  I would guess it would be worth 1mpg or so...

For some reason, the Fed Gov says Lean Cruise Mode is a no-no (because of emissions). It is disabled on every American destination car and is "illegal" to enable. If you have HPT, you can't turn it on at all.

on a stock SSS is lean cruise mode supposed to be disabled??  I would expect we can get better gas mileage with this enabled, but the F/A Subractor vs. Cyl Air and multi vs ECT, need info in them.

anyone messed with this?  I would guess it would be worth 1mpg or so...

For some reason, the Fed Gov says Lean Cruise Mode is a no-no (because of emissions). It is disabled on every American destination car and is "illegal" to enable. If you have HPT, you can't turn it on at all.

that's interesting...

what keeps you from turning it on with HPT?? it looks like all the parameters are there to set it up :confused:

well, it seemes to have made a difference so far... getting about 18-19mpg now on the highway. that's a 1-2 mpg gain.

on feb 6th I'm making a 1200 mile roadtrip with all interstate miles. I'll get good back to back comparisions and let you guys know.

it only effects when you have it set to turn on,  like 55mph and higher ect..  it does work,  ive been setting them up for a long time,  and everyone gains mpg,  sometimes 4mpg if you want it to be more aggressive.

can you give me the settings you use?/ what's the disadvantage to being more agressive? would it be bad to use for towing?

here's what I used.

Enable 50, Disable 80

Enable delay 100, moving enable delay 100

leanout rate .0010

F/A subtractor

vs. RPM vs. Cyl Air

----------1200 1600 2000 2400 2800 3200

.16 ---- .053 .076 .076 .053 0 0

.24 ---- .101 .115 .076 .064 .064 .076

.32 ---- .101 .129 .090 .143 .103 .076

.40 ---- .050 .050 .050 .070 .050 .040

Mult vs. ECT