408 update

TurbochargedBerserker

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you drop one of the fuel pumps? That sucks if that is what is holding you up? Have you finished up all your wiring - injector harness, megasquirt, fuel assy?????

Injectors on the intake yet? How did you raise your fuel rail? I ended up cutting 5/8" pieces of 1/4" galvanized tubing and getting longer bolt. No bending of the rails were necessary at all, although I read a how-to on LS1 tech that said you have to. I guess that matters if the covers are going back on.

I looked into going with roller cam bearings a while back. Not good for a daily driver. Too many bad things that I've read about with people putting them in for anything other than race vehicles.

Looks like Sunday... Or Monday :cry::cry:

Race season bit me in the ass again... This time because Chuck broke and has to get his engine fixed by next week. :mad:

I'm finishing the wiring tomorrow (but Chuck won't be there) and then Chuck and I will finish it up on Sunday. He's worried about the fuel pumps though. He's thinking the install will be really hard for some reason.

That fuel pump came out of the box that way, but no worries, Dave @ STS took care of me and I already have the new pump. Gotta love companies who actually do customer service :thumbs:

Getting close... :D

I'm curious about the tuning. You have Megasquirt for the fueling and HPT for the PCM, right? How will you end up meshing the two? I assume the MS is pretty straightforward. Will you have to disable a few things in the PCM since you're using the MS?

Do you have a sock for that air filter? :P

cheers

As far as I know, you don't have to do anything to the stock PCM. I imagine I will be turning off a couple of codes since I cut all the injector plugs off :)

PCM will do spark, tranny, fans, etc. and the MS will just run the injectors. I finished up all the looms today and you can barely tell anything is different -- real sleeper looking ;)

All that's left:

1) spark plugs

2) MS IAT sensor, ECT sensor mounting

3) twin fuel pump install

4) FMIC mounting

5) inital start up and 10 minute idle

6) retorqueing the heads (and installing the hardened pushrods Chuck forgot to put in lol)

7) TEST DRIVE

Archived