408 update

TurbochargedBerserker

Right this kind of stuff always takes time, don't worry hang in there Erik. Its gonna be worth it this Summer when you come up to Michigan.  :D

The worst part about it is I now have time to think of what I should do with this GT67... Hmmm. Twins like Flipper? MUHUHAHAHAHAHA

My wife's going to stab me in the eye with a spork.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What computer are you talking about?  The trucks PCM or some fancy aftermarket gadget?

My megasquirt. It looks like 12v was piped across the ground circuit for one of the injector FET drivers and cooked the trace. Scott (DieselGeek) is going to try jumping the trace (only ran from the FET to the harness connector anyway) and if that doesn't work, we'll just replace the board.

I don't know for certain, but the 12v may have happened when one of my injector plugs got pulled off (while trying to unplug from the injector to clear the head studs for retorquing) and recrimped with the plug still on the bench... When I arrived the two leads weren't touching but the circuit was already fried by then :banghead:

TurbochargedBerserker please start a phase II thread....lol this ones getting to long.. :D

I'm looking into that Mega Squirt, that could open up a bunch of motor swap ideas like a LS1 Colorado.... If all I'd get was an injector code from the PCM....Humm... Stock PCM and the Mega Squirt running the fuel. But I'll wait to see how you do first.

I wish you weren't having the troubles I can't wait to see your truck up and running. :thumbs:

Dennis

Come on Tex, Has he done anything simple in this build? LOL

No, but that part of the problem. If it were me, I'd focus on getting one thing right at a time, verify its functioning correctly, then move on to the next item. Making all these changes at once may sound like good use of time and resources, but in the end it will end up taking longer and costing more. Just IMO.

Now Erik - pull the megasquirt for now and get the truck running on its own so you can break in the motor and new "exhaust". Once all the physical bugs are worked out, go back to the fancy fueling.

Richard

Archived