Dynatech Supermaxx

I've been thinking about the Supermaxx headers/cats group buy.

I wanted to get some opinions from people who have installed them.

Any surprises, things to expect? Pros cons?

I've been bouncing through the search fuction and saw issues when they first came out.

I'm hoping the fitment issues are sorted out...

I always go through drama before spending a chunk of money... :confused:

His sale goes off tomorrow...

WW :cool:

Do it!

I was one of those first buyers who had fitment issues. The guys at Dynatech really took care of me and worked with me. In the end I ended up sending the system back but I believe they have it all worked out now. Based on their customer service alone I would try them again.

If I didn't have an ASM system in the works when this GP came about I would have jumped on it in a second.

I'm running SuperSport's Dynatech headers and cats.

- They fit perfect on my '04.

- You must trim the steering shaft bolt - the exposed threads that you don't really need.

- You must find a way to secure the plug wires on the drivers side header. I made some very rough brackets to run wire-ties to, to secure the wires away from danger.

Picture1

Picture2

- If you wish to keep your stock catalytic conver sections in one piece, you must drop the passenger side of the tranny-crossmember. Two bolts on that side, one bolt on the other. I was able to let mine drop down until it stopped, which provided JUST enough room to slide the pipes out while the front of the truck was up on ramps.

- Install took me a long time. Like 10 hours. I was in no rush at all, working in a garage (for once), but I took only a few small breaks. I did everything myself.

- Breaking the 6 stock cat-to-manifold bolts will require a 15mm deep socket and a 1/2" drive breaker with about 12" of extentions. Wear gloves, and find good footing under the truck to secure yourself. ;)

- There was nothing overly hard about the install at all. The actual header install itself was a piece of cake. It's just that things were time-consuming.

- Fitting and lining up the header to cat-back exhaust tubing (the cat sections) was a little challenging with the 02's and all. It took me a while to get that done, especially because I was too stubborn to drop my B&B cat-back to give me enough room to put things together.

I'm VERY happy with the performance gained.

Thanks all, that's the info I was looking for.

I hate surprises when I'm installing something.

I just ordered a set.

Marc, nice truck. The B&B looks good coming out the back, I have the B&B side exit.

Did the headers change the exhaust note much?

Any pics from underneath?

I have a mod weekend coming up, I have the GM electric fans coming, and still need to relocate the h/e to the lower grille opening.

Thanks

Wayne :cool:

Thanks Wayne!

The exhaust note - Yes - it got a good amount deeper. It'll sound pretty angry at any amount of throttle you give it, but it will tame down a bit with some mileage on it. It's almost like installing a new exhaust system. I don't think mine got any louder - just deeper. It sounds quite good.

You installed some resonators on your system to quiet it down, right? I'm actually kind of looking to get it a little louder. ;)

I can get any pictures you need underneat the truck - what were you looking for, the headers and such? (I hope you don't mind a salty/disgusting undercarriage)

I hear you about the mod weekends... I have pretty limited times to do things (work 6 days a week). I got some rockers to put in one of these warmer days I happen to have off.

Marc don't go out of your way to take pics, unless you have some.

I'm just curious to see how they'll look underneath. They should look tough, top and bottom.

The plug wire bracket look easy to fab if I need some. I haven't looked but I might be able to use the studs from the engine covers to hold a bracket. Covers are gone due to Radix.

Yeah, I put in resonators. It'll be interesting to see how this will sound.

Thanks again...

WW :cool:

man i just checked those out and i like the look , but not for use in california or states that have adopted california emissions, BOO. I dont think there are any long tubes legal in california :banghead:

I'm in Massachusetts here too... We have CA-like emissions... as you see, these are NOT carb approved. :nonod:

I asked the Eastern section on LS1tech.... Read it here.

They basically said as long as it looks like there are cats there, you will be okay. I'll have to cross my fingers on that one.

In another thread, they even tried talking me into going much bigger than the 220/220 cam I had in there. They don't have problems pulling up to the station loping away.

Archived