Vegas Meet....

I would like to see how many people are interested (genuinely interested) in having a meet in Las Vegas? Dylan and I have been tryin to put together some things to get this meet goin. So far, I'm seeing that June 3rd-5th would work out the best for me and the wife. My wife works for Hilton here in San Diego and has gotten a price for a group stay for that weekend at the Vegas Hilton right off the strip for as close to 10 rooms as possible at $105 + 9% tax per night for double occupancy. I would like to see if there is enough people that are willing to secure a room for this meet. I have up until the 3rd of March (1 week) to try to confirm as close to 10 rooms as possible. Beyond the 3rd, if we don't cancel the hold for those rooms, I will be responsible for 25% of the lost revenue of those 10 rooms. What you all will need to do is when I get the 1-800 number is to call and confirm a room under "Silverado SS" with a credit card, in order for them to guarantee the group at the group rate you will automatically be charged for the first night room and tax ($105 + 9% tax = $114.45). If you are truely interested, please reply to this thread therefore if we need more rooms, we can try to get more. I know that it is a little late and if for some reason you cannot put the money towards the room, but you will be a "for sure" for this meet, please let me know and we can still hold the room for you until you can pay. Please remember, if for any reason we cannot get at least close to 10 rooms, I will be charged a cancelation fee...25% 60-90 days out, 50% 30-60 days out and 100% for under 30 day...so PLEASE, if you are not sure that you can make it, don't submit your name. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :chevy::thumbs:

10 rooms is not a fixed number, if we only get 5-7 rooms, we can still make this happen, don't feel like we will have to cancel if we have less than 10 rooms, but we need to get as close to 10 as possible.

Also, we will get all rooms with 2 queen beds in them. This will make it a little easier if some of you would like to share a room and split the cost.

Thanx,

Cody & Andrea

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK....10 rooms have been held, just waiting for the 1-800 number. Once you call and confirm the reservation with your credit card, please PM either myself(56chevywagon) or dylanvonkleist so we can build a list of confirmations in the thread. Again, we need to try to get as close to 10 or more rooms confirmed by the 3rd of March, if we don't have enough interest, I will be canceling the hold on the rooms so I don't get charged a cancelation fee. I f you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them...hope we can get this thing rollin...

Thanx,

Cody

OK...more info. I just talked to the track (Las Vegas Motor Speedway - The Strip) and they will be racing on friday night the 3rd of June. Their Midnight Mayhem runs from 10pm til approx. 2am. It cost $10 for car & driver and $5 for spectators. Trucks running 13.99 and faster as of right now will need a helmet at least, I will need to call them back 2 weeks prior to see if there is any other requirements for trucks running in that range. Any other questions or comments are welcome.

Thanx,

Cody

Ok guys...I spoke to the contact today at the Las Vegas Hilton. The rooms have been pulled from inventory and I have the 800 number, but we cannot book rooms until I sign the contract and they receive it. Cody will keep a list going of verbal confirmations for the trip and as soon as I get the ok from the contact, I will let everyone know. Please continue to post if you are interested in going. I would like to get a ball park figure by March 3rd so I can cancel before the cancellation charges set in (if I need to). If you have any questions, you can post to the thread or pm Cody. :)

And Dylan....sorry, I will add your name to the list.

Andrea

Verbal Confirmations:

1. 56chevywagon

2. jonmalibuss

3.04CHASE

4.dylanvonkleist

adding one more:

5. ssminneapolis (no truck though :( )

Well...we only need three more people minimum to keep the hold on the rooms....the deadline is the night of the 2nd of March...that gives us until wednesday night....all I need is a verbal comfirmation that you will go and pay for a room. Come on people, I know we had a lot more interest from the So Cal people during the last meet. Only 3 more minimum.....

Well Cody... looks like from the UNDERwhelming response we might need to put a bullet in this ideas head :banghead:

We'll get this Vegas thing planned when more people have some interest.

So we can coordinate this for a later date please post if you are interested in a "southwestern SS meet". I think theres enough of us located in the CA, NV, AZ, TX, area that we could plan something for us west coast guys to do. Whose up for a meet anywhere in the SW reigon? If so where would you be interested in going? :confused:

Help us out here guys! Cody and his wife put alot of time and effort into trying to get the Vegas idea off the ground and got little-to-no response on it. :nono:

Archived