New track times in commerce ga

fatboyss

I was alittle disappointed in my new times, but I think I can do better. There were so many people I only got three runs in from 11:00am to 5:00pm. My two best runs were [email protected] and [email protected]

I think I can get alittle more out of my cam . And from what I have heard from other people the commerce track usually runs .2-.3 tenths slower.

I will be going to Silver Dollar this weekend and hopefully have some better times

I was alittle disappointed in my new times, but I think I can do better.  There were so many people I only got three runs in from 11:00am to 5:00pm.  My two best runs were [email protected] and [email protected] 

I think I can get alittle more out of my cam .  And from what I have heard from other people the commerce track usually runs .2-.3 tenths slower. 

I will be going to Silver Dollar this weekend and hopefully have some better times

an AWD 5500 lb truck isn't going to run slower at one track or another.

unless the altitude is way different you shouldn't even notice a difference between the two tracks.

I guess we will find out for sure tonight. I know that when we went to montgomery before he had some of his work done he was running high 14.8s and 14.9s, then when he went to commerce it was closer to 15/.1. I wouldnt have thought that there wouldnt have been much difference either but who knows.. The consensus on ls1tech of some of the people that go to commerce and Silver Dollar is that commerce is alittle slower for whatever reason. Of course, we dont have any traction problems so track prep doenst affect us in any way. I have noticed that the numbers that i see on the internet dont reflect what i see at the track for the most part. I saw a bone stock rumble bee run a 15.5 and a stock 5.3/rcsb run a 15.7 and many people claim that these 2 trucks run on the brink of 14s stock. Maybe we have some weird weather or something? For reference, a guy is meeting us down there tonight that has a rcsb w/2600 stall and sts-g67(or what ever the one up from the 35 is) and he ran a 14.0/2 @ commerce. He was trapping around 100 mph though. The times my brother had did come after waiting in line for over 1 1/2 hours for each run, so maybe on a cooler run he would have gotten quicker. :dunno:

there's really no weird weather thing. just figure out the density altitude that you ran at that night. if the track is higher in elevation, it will raise the DA vs another track in the same weather. DA can make a huge difference in times.

Well Something was definently different... Im FATBOYSS's roomate and well he went from a [email protected] to a 14.3 @93.... Somethign was different and the weather was about the same both nights..... I really dont know... I also ran faster

went from a 15.3@89 to a [email protected]... and theres not much if any change in altitude between the two places.... I dont know maybe commerce is slower than the others.... for us both to run .2-.3 faster (exactly what people clamied) somebodies right.....

Actually it was a 14.4 @ 92 at commerce and a 14.3 @ 92.**- 92.98(93) :D So it was closer to .15 for me and 1 mph. I do think Silver dollar does run slightly faster for whatever reason, but not as much as i had hoped for. I guess it was about .15 faster for you too since you pulled out the back seat at Silver Dollar, but you did get 2 mph which is great.

• 2 weeks later...
I was alittle disappointed in my new times, but I think I can do better.  There were so many people I only got three runs in from 11:00am to 5:00pm.  My two best runs were [email protected] and [email protected] 

I think I can get alittle more out of my cam .  And from what I have heard from other people the commerce track usually runs .2-.3 tenths slower. 

I am close to silver dollar. we should get together one night and go there. I havent done anything with my truck in a while but i would still like to go to the strip. Got something planned already this weekend or i would be there tonight. Got the next couple of weekends planned to. Newly married and now i have family obligations. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Me a few friends will be going back in three or four weeks if you want to meet up then. We are waiting so my roomate can get his nitrous done and for my turbo to get installed. So when all of that is done we can meet up and anyone else that wants to go.

Archived