XM radio

I dont mind paying a few extra $$'s, XM is a lot better than FM in my area and theres a good variety. Also I like Opie &Anthony which was a few bucks extra but worth it and now they broadcast my favorite sport Supercross live so I'm good on the whole thing. Plus the comedy stuff is great also.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XM relizes that Siruis is getting 13 dollars a month and they are thriving, so they are adding a couple things and increasing thier rates to the same. I doubt that either will increase anymore in the near future unless one is more dominate than the other. Either way the bastards are gonna get three more bucks a month outta me I guess, but at least I can listen to it at work now.

I just got a letter from XM Radio and they are rasing there rates to 12.95 per month starting April 2 2005.  I might just drop it. I think a 3 dollar increase per month is just too much.  :nono:

I agree that is just plain rediculas and outragous!!! :dunno: I think you should immediately drop the service, rip out that devil XM box from under the dash and sell it to me for $25, and heck, just to help you out, I'll even pay the shipping! :jester::jester:

That's just CORPORATE AMERICA for ya. Bring in more revenues, make stocks look better, get more investors, have loads of cash, buy out the competition, put half of thier employee's out of work, give your executive staff HUGE salaries and laugh your a$$ off all the way to the bank. :puke:

IMO the fortune 500 group of companies are going to be the only companies left and we are all just going to get the shaft. We will be paying even higher premiums for everything because there will be little or no competition. :rant:

Boy, I'm glad I got that off my chest :cry:

I just got a letter from XM Radio and they are rasing there rates to 12.95 per month starting April 2 2005.  I might just drop it. I think a 3 dollar increase per month is just too much.   :nono:

I agree that is just plain rediculas and outragous!!! :dunno: I think you should immediately drop the service, rip out that devil XM box from under the dash and sell it to me for $25, and heck, just to help you out, I'll even pay the shipping! :jester::jester:

ok i will start ripping out right now (not) :crackup:

Well this is the first I have herd of this, and I think this sucks big time. The area I live in no longer has any good FM stations anymore and XM is nice. Now with the gas prices going to atleast 2.50/gal and XM now going to be almost $13/month, I think I will need to cancel XM and get a little Honda Civic just to afford to live anymore. This is all getting RIDICULOUS.

Sorry, had to vent.

From what i heard XM has much much more variety, and channels.  They just signed a deal with MLB to broadcast every inning of every game!!  Thats is Gucking Freat!!!  GO SOX!

Thats the other way around xm has less music channels then sirius and there special channels cant hold a candle to sirius!NFL/NASCAR/NCAA/NHL-RIP- and not to mention a heavy rock/metal channel it seems that xm thinks it is ok to move there one and only hard rock channel to only internet. The good that does not to mention it is a extra bs cost with xm, 12.95 a month for sirius and it includes every service they offer not like xm and there hidden extra charges!

This is one xm free 3 month trial that will not be getting renewed xm is lucky they are hooked up with gm if they were not they would be out of buisness!

$3.00 increase for programming I don't even listen too :mad:

Yup xm is worthless to me, i have not heard one song i can tolorate!I heard every single one of my fav. bands on sirius within 2 or 3 hours of listening, not to mention there internet service free,all of there extra services such as nfl/nhl/ncaa/nascar free and included for 12.95.

Yup xm is worthless to me, i have not heard one song i can tolorate!I heard every single one of my fav. bands on sirius within 2 or 3 hours of listening, not to mention there internet service free,all of there extra services such as nfl/nhl/ncaa/nascar free and included for 12.95.

Do you have serius in your truck?If so what did you have to do to hook it up?

Do you have serius in your truck?If so what did you have to do to hook it up?

I had it in my previous truck i just traded it in on a new 05 silvy and the xm came with it.But instalation was not hard to do running the ant wire was the tuffest part because i used the fm modulator which worked rather well.There is a mod i guess with a kenwood adapter that allows you to use sirius thru the factory radio not sure if some of the functions get lost when doing the swap though.

I would consider the increase if they included the Playboy channel !! :devil:  :thumbs:

I would consider it if they atleast played music such as

tool

rage against the machine

pantera

korn

slipknot

mudvayne

primus

les claypool

older metallica

perfect circle

ect. ect.

But they seem to think that having multiple alternative or rap stations are more important :sigh:

Archived