XM radio

I dont understand how XM is able to say they have commercial-free radio stations, but lately I have been hearing more of them. :dunno: It seems the MTV station is nothing but commercials anymore. I guess the big names have all the adds and the smaller stations do not.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to never listen to XM, but the last couple months I have got attached to it. I even signed up for XM online which I listen to while excercising or doing homework. I do not think I can live w/o it now. I guess I will have to sign up for the year.

Also, XM finally caught onto multiple people signing on w/ the same account on XM online. It sucks! I gave my friends in Iraq the account name and password so they could listen to it and now XM screwed that up! Buttheads!

I used to never listen to XM, but the last couple months I have got attached to it.  I even signed up for XM online which I listen to while excercising or doing homework.  I do not think I can live w/o it now.  I guess I will have to sign up for the year. 

Also, XM finally caught onto multiple people signing on w/ the same account on XM online.  It sucks!  I gave my friends in Iraq the account name and password so they could listen to it and now XM screwed that up!  Buttheads!

The new rate includes Opie & Anthony, and the access to the channels on the internet.

I've been an XM subsrciber since the very first day I purchased my truck and I'll never go back! :nono: FM straight sucks @$$ with all of their commercials. An increase of what $3.00??? :confused:WOW, I can handle that, especially if I just paid $56.00 to fill up today.

Late- Alex

Funny how this topic came up, I just recieved something from XM in the mail today and I just mailed the check for a 1 year subscription @ $119.88 which locked in the $9.99 rate. Really can't complain about a company that warns you about a price increase 3 months in advance and offers deals locking in the old rate up to 5 years.

For all you :cry:, you can have FM!!!!!!

Late- Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I GOT THE SAME NOTICE , BUT THE $3 INCREASE INCLUDES $6 WORTH OF SERVICE .. Opie & Anthony AND FREE ACCESS ONLINE WITH THE $12.95 . NOT BAD AT ALL . THINK ABOUT IT .. $3 x 12 (MONTHS) = $36 ... THATS 3/4 OF A TANK OF GAS YOU CAN GET IN ONE YEAR ... WHATS THE BIG DEAL ? :dunno: ..

I GOT THE SAME NOTICE , BUT THE $3 INCREASE INCLUDES $6 WORTH OF SERVICE .. Opie & Anthony AND FREE ACCESS ONLINE WITH THE $12.95 . NOT BAD AT ALL . THINK ABOUT IT  .. $3 x 12 (MONTHS) = $36 ... THATS 3/4 OF A TANK OF GAS YOU CAN GET IN ONE YEAR ... WHATS THE BIG DEAL ?  :dunno: ..

Good point. Actually today made me realize that I could not live w/o XM. I was on my way to an appointment and XM was "updating" and I could not access any of the stations. The 20 minutes I did not have XM drove me nuts! I finally realized that the radio really does bite the big one!

• 3 weeks later...
I would consider the increase if they included the Playboy channel !! :devil:  :thumbs:

I would consider it if they atleast played music such as

tool

rage against the machine

pantera

korn

slipknot

mudvayne

primus

les claypool

older metallica

perfect circle

ect. ect.

But they seem to think that having multiple alternative or rap stations are more important :sigh:

Switch to Sirius and you`ll hear all those Bands. In fact, alittle too much Rage and Korn.

I had XM, and loved it. Sold the truck, and thought I`d give Sirius a try. Especially since they offer the NFL. And the fact that I own stock in Sirius. Love it more.

Either way you go the 3 dollars more a month is so worth it. I can`t imagine not having some sort of satellite radio. FM plain sucks.

I've had Sirius for almost three years and love it. I had the three month Sub to XM in the truck, then switched it over to Sirius as well. BTW, Sirius has always been at $12.95

When I had both running for awhile, I found many things about both I liked. Overall, I liked Sirius over XM, but I would take XM over FM anyday.

I used the Soundgate convertor to allow my factory radio to tune Sirius. All the track titles and names are still there, and everything still works with the steering wheel controls.

One of my favorite things about Sirius was the NFL games. The factory radio displayed the scores while the game was on. and if I didn't like the anouncer, I would just turn the channel to the the other teams anouncer! Great!

People that have been here awhile have heard me preach about sirius before, so I'll drop it, but here are some of my previous posts.

XM and Sirius Debate, sort of....

Sirius for stock XM in the SSS

SiriusRad1.JPG

SiriusRad2.JPG

SiriusAnt.JPG

A few months back XM called trying to get me to renew our Yukons contract. I said no...she kept working on me...I gave excuses.....she made the deal better...I say no thanks...then she finally offers $5 a month for 3 months. I said no, but I will sign up for 12 months at that price. She had to ask a Supervisor, but they did it.....$60 for 12 months.

A few months back XM called trying to get me to renew our Yukons contract. I said no...she kept working on me...I gave excuses.....she made the deal better...I say no thanks...then she finally offers $5 a month for 3 months. I said no, but I will sign up for 12 months at that price. She had to ask a Supervisor, but they did it.....$60 for 12 months.

Hmm ill have to try that when they call me, it runs out in another month or so and 5 dollars a month is all about what xm is worth in my opinion!

• 5 months later...

I have been looking at Kenwood Sirius add-ons and was wondering if the Soundgate KNGM1 will work on the SR901 SR902 and SR903? I couldn't find the info an was wondering if someone who has bought one would check in the instructions for me and find out. Thanks!!

Dave

Archived