XM radio

I am not too happy with XM right now. :banghead: I should have dropped them when they raised the rates. I liked their music compared to all of the local cookie cutter "Clear Channel" variants, but they are not honest.

I signed up for low 2 year rate to take effect in June 05. I did not want to sign on for such a long term with the high gas prices, etc ... I might not even keep the truck that long. Big mistake. They did not apply it until August 05 and charged me the high rate for 2 months in between. :dunno: I wrote 3 letters to correct and got no response. Then they actually shut off my XM, even though they still owed me $150 (by even their calculations). :mad: I called to complain and after 1/2 hour on-hold was transferred to an "out-source" rep in India who barely spoke english. She agreed (3 times) that it was corrected, that I was good until 6/07 and owed nothing more. Then I get new bill for even more money :mad::mad: and they "restarted" my service 10/7/05. Then I get another letter 4 days after that which says that if I don't pay in 1 week that they will shut my XM off (remember that they still owe me $$$!!)

XM radio is as bad as Sprint (who took 3 months to cancel my service with).

These people are incompetent and resort to extortion to extract every last dollar. They had my 2-year contract money and are now scamming. I will be contacting the FCC about them! :smash:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been looking at Kenwood Sirius add-ons and was wondering if the Soundgate KNGM1 will work on the SR901  SR902 and SR903? I couldn't find the info an was wondering if someone who has bought one would check in the instructions for me and find out. Thanks!!

Dave

KNGM1 was built for the SR-901. However, they now recommend using the SR-902 (which is discontinued) or the DEI Kenwood adapter piece.

I am not too happy with XM right now.  :banghead: I should have dropped them when they raised the rates.  I liked their music compared to all of the local cookie cutter "Clear Channel" variants, but they are not honest.

I signed up for low 2 year rate to take effect in June 05.  I did not want to sign on for such a long term with the high gas prices, etc ... I might not even keep the truck that long.  Big mistake.  They did not apply it until August 05 and charged me the high rate for 2 months in between.  :dunno:  I wrote 3 letters to correct and got no response.  Then they actually shut off my XM, even though they still owed me $150 (by even their calculations).  :mad:  I called to complain and after 1/2 hour on-hold was transferred to an "out-source" rep in India who barely spoke english.  She agreed (3 times) that it was corrected, that I was good until 6/07 and owed nothing more.  Then I get new bill for even more money  :mad:  :mad: and they "restarted" my service 10/7/05.  Then I get another letter 4 days after that which says that if I don't pay in 1 week that they will shut my XM off (remember that they still owe me $$$!!)

XM radio is as bad as Sprint (who took 3 months to cancel my service with).

These people are incompetent and resort to extortion to extract every last dollar.  They had my 2-year contract money and are now scamming.  I will be contacting the FCC about them! :smash:

Wow sorry to hear about your troubles I had signed up for two years when I had my SS and only had the truck for a year so I called XM and gave them my radio ID # because I have 3 subscriptions and told them to cancel the one and add my new truck instead and it was a simple swap took less than a min. and my truck was active. I have not had any issues with any of my units. :dunno:

Archived