CORSA UPDATE!!

CASEY

Installed the Corsa "Sport" muffler last night. HUGE difference in sound.

This muffler is much more aggressive sounding than the "touring" muffler. It is also different from any muffler that I have ever had. When you step on the gas or accelerate, you will hear it!!! This muffler makes a sharp, crisp exhaust tone; not a deep tone like other mufflers I have used in the past such as Borla and Gibson. Another way to describe it is that it sounds simular to headers.

Here is the unique part of Corsa. When you are cruising on the highway this exhaust is as quiet as stock! I have NEVER had an exhaust system that could do this. In the past, all of the aftermarket exhaust systems had a resonance in the cab or interior. Corsa explained to me that this is there "noise cancelling technology" It WORKS. I am very happy with this exhaust and would recommend it.

Corsa told me that this exhaust will be available towards the end of August. If someone would like to hear, view, or take pictures or sound clips- E-mail me. I am in the Chicago area.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably the only driver in the world who does not like the Corsa, at least for my 5.3 '03 Silverado. Perhaps the SS is far better... As advertised, it as quiet as stock on the freeway. None of that mind-numbing long trip drone....

But, it is the tone that occurs when one accelerates. In my case, the sound was identical to ratty, raspy, junk-truck sounding, worn-out exhaust blaaaap! sounding. Not deep. No nice rumble. Raspy, nasty, sounding blaaap!

I had more folks ask what was wrong with the exhaust on my new truck. As I would go through town at just minor acceleration, I would listed to the exhaust as the truck would get close to an adjacent building wall. It really sounded like I had no exhaust. No rumble. It was embarrassing. If this was my old farm truck, I wouldn't have minded. :D

The installation was perfect, and the exhaust was what Corsa recommended. My experience was so different than what others were saying. A guy who had a Corvette told me that he had no raspy, ratty, straight-pipe sound. Very nice sound.

So, anyway, that was my experience. I have yet to find anyone who has had a similar exhaust, though.

I'm probably the only driver in the world who does not like the Corsa, at least for my 5.3 '03 Silverado.  Perhaps the SS is far better...  As advertised, it as quiet as stock on the freeway.  None of that mind-numbing long trip drone....

But, it is the tone that occurs when one accelerates.  In my case, the sound was identical to ratty, raspy, junk-truck sounding, worn-out exhaust blaaaap! sounding.  Not deep.  No nice rumble.  Raspy, nasty, sounding blaaap!

I had more folks ask what was wrong with the exhaust on my new truck.  As I would go through town at just minor acceleration, I would listed to the exhaust as the truck would get close to an adjacent building wall.  It really sounded like I had no exhaust.  No rumble.  It was embarrassing.  If this was my old farm truck, I wouldn't have minded.  :D

The installation was perfect, and the exhaust was what Corsa recommended.  My experience  was so different than what others were saying.  A guy who had a Corvette told me that he had no raspy, ratty, straight-pipe sound.  Very nice sound.

So, anyway, that was my experience.  I have yet to find anyone who has had a similar exhaust, though.

lrymal.

are you saying you got shafted??????? :D

are yoy saying you got shafted??????? :D

Well, in this business, if you want to play you gotta pay. :P But, I was able to recover some of the cost via selling pieces of the Corsa kit.

Admittedly, the kiddos loved the sound. On the other hand, I could have drilled and chopped holes in the stock muffer and would have gotten the same raspy blap! sound Of course the interior resonance would have been unbearable. :nono:

Archived