Dodge Ram "Power Wagon"

Lefty

They may be good for off-road, and maybe the driven didn't realize this, but they are not made for "racing."

I came across one today and the guy wanted "to go." The thing still had temp tags on it too. It was no competition...at all.

So, at the next light I asked the guy if he still liked his new truck and he just gave me a dirty look.

What's the new "Power Wagon" look like? I haven't seen one.

We were street racing back in the early 80's, my buddy had his SBC 8500 rpm Vega Wagon out on Mary Hill Bypass, cleaning up pretty good, it was a 12 second car. Some guy pulls out of the BUSH after 4x4ing and asks who has the "fastest car". We point at my buddy, and he says he wants to line up. We were laughing, it was a lifted 4x4 with big tires.

He tells my buddy to keep on it, cause he has a slow launch, and we all laughed again.

The bloody 4x4 beat my buddy's Vega!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out his Ramcharger pig was running 12.50s, and he also had a truck that was 11.55 at Bremerton.

THAT was a PowerWagon!

His name was Ted Hlokoff, don't know if anybody has ever heard of him....?

It was huge...it looked like a 1500 on 'roids. It was lifted with 33" tires. Other than that...

Your description sounds similar. He was really slow on launch, and the "race" was fairly short, I would guestimate an 1/8 of a mile (before I got off the gas). I got out to 6 trucks and it about stayed there.

Power Wagon

The one that whooped my buddy's Vega was alot like this one, but not in as good shape.....

We were stunned!

main.jpg

I don't like some of the newer "original PowerWgaon inspired" MoPars of late, I think that is why the new Durango/Dakota looks the way it does, cause SOMEBODY at DaimlerChrysler was determined to use that type of styling....?

there has been some question as to whether or not dodge dyno's there engines or guess's the hp. i think the main issue is they forgot how to weigh their trucks. there is no reason a regular cab 2wd dodge is weighing in at more than a regular cab 4x4 chevy.

Someone at Dodge explain this to me... maybe richard can, whoever he is :confused:

Silverado SS (ext cab awd) 345 hp 380 torque 5300 lbs

Dodge Ram HEMI (reg cab 2wd) 345 hp 375 torque 4800 lbs

Silverado SS 6.6s 0-60 14.99 @ 89.05 1/4

Dodge HEMI 6.8s 0-60 15.11 @ 89.06 1/4 500 lb weight advantage!!

You guys are comparing apple to oranges here. First off the power wagon is a 2500 not a 1500! It also caries a AAE front and rear axle...the front is a 9.5 the rear is 10.5 both weight a ton!!! Both are also standard with electric lockers!

A Warn 12,000 pound electric winch is standard...along with full under body protection.

The curb weight on this thing is 6,081 pound (for the quad cab)!

It in no way is geared or set up to race on the street! With a standard hemi engine pulling all this extra weight it would be considerablly slower!!! It ran the quarter in the low 18.0's! Your SS better have betten it :wtf:

ive played with both as you might conclude from my sig. the hemi IMO! is more fun to drive with the elevated position and HUGE hood. at SOTP, it seems to pull very nicely, but the #'s do the talking. the ss gets all the looks, and you dont see many around, and it leaves the hemi as a small spot in the rear view mirror. :thumbs:

both are very nice trucks IMO once again.

You guys are comparing apple to oranges here.  First off the power wagon is a 2500 not a 1500!  It also caries a AAE front and rear axle...the front is a 9.5 the rear is 10.5  both weight a ton!!!  Both are also standard with electric lockers!

A Warn 12,000 pound electric winch is standard...along with full under body protection. 

The curb weight on this thing is 6,081 pound (for the quad cab)!

It in no way is geared or set up to race on the street!  With a standard hemi engine pulling all this extra weight it would be considerablly slower!!!  It ran the quarter in the low 18.0's!  Your SS better have betten it :wtf:

I dont think hes braggin about it. :wtf: I think he was just informing us for entertainment

Someone at Dodge explain this to me... maybe richard can, whoever he is  :confused:

Silverado SS (ext cab awd) 345 hp 380 torque 5300 lbs

Dodge Ram HEMI (reg cab 2wd) 345 hp 375 torque 4800 lbs

Silverado SS  6.6s 0-60 14.99 @ 89.05 1/4

Dodge HEMI  6.8s 0-60 15.11 @ 89.06 1/4 500 lb weight advantage!!

I think the big thing is the computer differences between the Ram and the SS. The same Hemi in a Magnum, which isn't light, has gone high 13s and low 14s. Even the guys on the LS1 forum have had posts about it.

From what I hear the computer crap in the Hemi Rams kill it?

Archived