80E is in

Installed the 80E in the SS. The 65E was just the pump after 13,000 trouble free miles, but I am driving on power tour and just don't want to take the chance.

The driveshafts are over getting shorter/ longer. Added a rear mount to original crossmember to hang the 80E or go back to the 65 without problems. The cooling lines needed to be modified. There is some wiring issues to address but its coming along nicely.

I will try and post some pics if I figure out how on this sight!

Kurt

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll be coming out there in a couple weeks. gotta check that out. :D

SSplaytoy, i don't think everyone is running an 80E. there is no conversion kit.

jon, he has access to the parts because of the line of work he's in. not available to the general public.

No kit for a conversion, per se, but all the parts are out there or can be fabbed. All but one of course. It's the only topic of discussion when it comes to the 80.

Maybe that part isn't all too available to the general public. Maybe whoever made it doesn't understand the potential demand. Whichever, it sure would be nice to disclose the source if nothing else. Sure would relieve a lot of people's minds on here about adding more power.

The part that mates the 80E shaft to the transfercase is special on my truck. I have put in a order for more. If all works out, we will offer this part for sale in the near future.

Waiting patiently to leave starting line at 10psi+............

Kurt

Kurt offered to tell me where to get that part, but in the end, I decided that knowing where the part was wouldn't help much from the grave  :devil:

Kurt offered to tell me where to get that part, but in the end, I decided that knowing where the part was wouldn't help much from the grave  :devil:

Damn. This must be some serious industrial espionage... :sigh:

Or Erik, are you just finally worried you might make your truck too fast? :dunno:

Nahhhhh. :wtf::shakehead:

Damn. This must be some serious industrial espionage... :sigh:

Or Erik, are you just finally worried you might make your truck too fast? :dunno:

Nahhhhh. :wtf::shakehead:

Too fast? I didn't know those two words could be used together and have meaning. I mean 'too slow' I understand, and 'two fast' I think was some movie about rice, but 'too fast'? :dunno:

Kurt let us know if that works out. I think Chuck has a 65E option that will last me a season, but time will tell on that.

Archived