radix power

zippy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great thread lots of good reading, now the radix has my attention again ,if it can possibly propel a ss into the 12's consistantly.

I hear you. But how many of these '03 and prior trucks with the right setup are in the 12's? How much better are they running than the '04's?

All of this makes sense in theory, but what about track times? :confused:

When I look at a stock 2004 file for my truck I see the injector rating vs KPA scales from 24.49 @ 0 kpa vacuum to 27.10 @ 80 kpa.  Looks like the factory scaled the flow that way.  However, the Magna tune just sets them at 41.67 across the scale.

I think the Magna tune is wrong. You should still show the scaled IFR values with 0 KPA being at 41.67. To me, that means you are running rich by default at idle and low throttle. You probably have negatve trim values down there, and as throttle increases the values start leaning out.

Dennis, I see you looking at this thread.  How much airflow or HP would you expect from a 12700 Hz MAF reading?

:D at what rpm are you seeing that? I think my scan tool was showing something around 65.. but its been a year so I could be off..

I see you went with flashscan.. I'm thinking the HPT 2.0 may never come out and the 3bar will as far behind schedule as the 2.0 upgrade was. What are the pros and cons vs. Edit (I know it has to be better just based on the scanner)....

My big question is can you use a two bar and program Flashscan yourself?

In the cooler weather, I was maxing out the MAF by 4800 rpms. I usually see peak Hz anywhere between 5800-6400 rpms. Now that its warm down here, I usually don't hit the MAF limit until 5250 rpms or so.

Pros of flashscan VS Edit? - It works, thats the biggest benefit. There are more tables available than Edit ever had. It seems to be similar to HPT. I'm very familiar with the scanner, so there was no learning curve there. Tuning is very quick. Its native USB, so no more serial port issues. It has flash memory on the cable so you can log without a laptop, then just download the results later. Its got two 5v inputs on the cable itself, so you can have direct input for wideband data, boost sensor, fuel pressure sensor, etc... The 24 pid selection issue is now gone. You can add more PIDS and it just slows the refresh rate down. Finally, the Aussies are smarter and more helpful than the carputing guys have ever been.

I'm pretty sure you can do 2bar yourself. I'll look for the thread, but it sounded like its not extremely difficult to do.

When I look at a stock 2004 file for my truck I see the injector rating vs KPA scales from 24.49 @ 0 kpa vacuum to 27.10 @ 80 kpa.  Looks like the factory scaled the flow that way.  However, the Magna tune just sets them at 41.67 across the scale.

I think the Magna tune is wrong. You should still show the scaled IFR values with 0 KPA being at 41.67. To me, that means you are running rich by default at idle and low throttle. You probably have negatve trim values down there, and as throttle increases the values start leaning out.

Be that as it may, I have my truck tuned to run slightly negative (-5 or so) on the LTFT's across the board to keep it from adding fuel during PE. I'm from the tuning school that says you should never be adding fuel, but rather always taking a little away, to stay safe.

i believe the voltage mod will increase the volume, just not sure about the pressure. if this is the case then you just do the voltage mod and go with larger injectors.

The 2004 is a dead head system. No fuel return. IF the extra voltage was able to increase the pressure beyond the regulator (I don't see how this could happen) it sure didn't lower my logged injector constants. They stayed the same as without the booster making me think they they are still definitely too small.

You might be able to get away with just the larger injectors since I don't think we really need a 60, probably more like a 52 or so. As the 60 appears to be the best injector out there for the price it should allow enough flow that the drop off in pressure or flow shouldn't affect it as much. Either way the voltage booster does work, but not enough to make 42's okay in my application.

the 2.8 pulley is on the 03' and it f'ing fly's. there is no boost or fuel pressure gauge on this truck to see what it's doing. we now have the a/f ratio at around 11.5-11.9:1. damn, it's fast for a truck with a stock airbox. it has a radix, 2.8 pulley, 160 stat, and corsa sport exhaust. thanx for the help on the fuel pressure thing big tex, that helped alot in tuning. it sure does rise like hell under boost. if you make the same pass with the hose to it disconnected (zero boost/vacuum) it will go lean. connected it fuels like hell.

Well we just need to get the 04+ straightend out now. The 03' sure does go like hell now. It will beat that mallet vette to 60. There is not a driver that could make that vette win to 60 on the street with a street tire. Tire smoke off idle is way fun too. :devil:

We are done tuning it now and will be awiating customer pick up. I think he will like his new truck.

anybody share this with the guys at LS!tech.com???

they would love to hear about it,

I just cannot believe that the radix is having this surge in the avaliable power they are putting out...

you guys are awsome in figuring out a problem nobody knew was a problem...

So would this make an 03 better than an 04 :confused::D

Archived