radix power

zippy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you have a link or website for this?  :eek: for only $275 im very interested. thanks.

Innovate

Where mine came from. Purchased it through a group buy, thus the cheaper price.

thanks Ben. being that i have never used anything like this. what one would you suggest? i take it you got the basic kit???

do you have a link or website for this?  :eek: for only $275 im very interested. thanks.

Innovate

Where mine came from. Purchased it through a group buy, thus the cheaper price.

thanks Ben. being that i have never used anything like this. what one would you suggest? i take it you got the basic kit???

I got the basic one. You can look at the other things to see if you may want them.

I'll jump up on Ben's soapbox......

People, spending thousands of dollars on mods, but not being able to spend a few hundred on tuning and/or logging software is nuts!

My first mod was EFI Live/ LS1 Edit/ and Innovate's WB02. Hence my decient track time for relativly small mods. I think you would be nuts not to have some type of logging software with any "real" mods.....

I'm done.....

I'll jump up on Ben's soapbox......

People, spending thousands of dollars on mods, but not being able to spend a few hundred on tuning and/or logging software is nuts!

My firts mod was EFI Live/ LS1 Edit/ and Innovate's WB02.  Hence my decient track time for relativly small mods.  I think you would be nuts not to have some type of logging software with any "real" mods.....

I'm done.....

agreed!

how are you getting that kind of fuel pressure?

you know im not sure but ill take a pic at idle and at wide open and show ya and maybe we can figure it out

When you procharger guys are running 10psi of boost what kind of readings are you getting on your MAF? I'm curious. With the Radix at 9.5 or so psi I think zippy was reading out near 60 pounds? Correct me if I'm wrong on that zippy. Just wondering if 10psi on a procharger is moving as much air or not. Wonder if thats why the procharger guys don't seem to have as big a problem?

how are you getting that kind of fuel pressure?

you know im not sure but ill take a pic at idle and at wide open and show ya and maybe we can figure it out

When you procharger guys are running 10psi of boost what kind of readings are you getting on your MAF? I'm curious. With the Radix at 9.5 or so psi I think zippy was reading out near 60 pounds? Correct me if I'm wrong on that zippy. Just wondering if 10psi on a procharger is moving as much air or not. Wonder if thats why the procharger guys don't seem to have as big a problem?

Pretty sure they are pushing more air.

Dang, I forgot about this thread.

OK, first things first. For the most part, I agree with Dennis' earlier statements. The 42 pound injectors are GREAT for mildly modded 6L trucks even with smaller pulleys. They can supply enough fuel for 99% of the Radix trucks out there. The exception being extreme setups with camshafts that make more power at higher rpms. Higher rpms cut down the window of time available for the injector to add fuel.

Now, I did notice initially that I was running lean in the upper rpms when I installed my Radix. This is with a full modded truck with a 3" pulley. I ran it without an upgraded pump for a while. Then I added the inline walbro, but I was still lean on the top end. Adding fuel with tuning didn't help and my injector duty cycle was over 100%. Thats when I bought and hooked up a fuel pressure gauge. Immediately, I saw 59psi at idle. At WOT, fuel pressure would drop as rpms increased to the low 50s psi. As it turned out, the fitting that Magnusons instructions said to use for the fuel pressure regulator wasn't getting vacuum or boost. I tapped my boost gauge to the same spot and saw 0 boost. I then moved my fuel pressure regulator to a good tapped location on the manifold. Idle fuel psi went down to 49ish and at WOT, its over 60. That cured most of my fueling issues.

I will get my wideband hooked up this weekend. I had been waiting on my new EFI Flashscan so I can input boost and wideband data right in my log files. I've got everything I need now. I wasn't too thrilled about doing multiple tunes with LS1 Edit.

Don't spin your motor faster than you need to.  Try the smallest pulley you can get and set your shift points lower... Tune for the blower not the fact that you can spin the your LS1 motor to 6000 plus.  The Radix will produce loads of TQ but a lot of guys are setting the shift points up to blow past the useful range of the Radix.

Now this is something I don't quite agree with. Yes, the Radix does make more torque down low, but it also extends the powerband. The truck will pull for more rpms with the radix. If I have the option of shifting at 5400 or 6000, I'm going to choose 6000. Why? Because you'll be applying more power to the wheels from 5400-6000 rpms than you would be for 600 rpms after a shift, even with radix torque. My truck pulls like a friggin freight train past 6400 rpms, I just dont have the fuel to keep up with it.

Archived