People who added subs to bose system

How does it sound? I'm thinking it isn't going to sound all that hot since I'm trying to not change the stock radio.

Reason I'm asking is because I started to order a few things for my truck. I ordered this box from Subthump. I also ordered two 10" Fosgates for the box. A few other things I ordered are a distribution block and that line out thing. I'm trying to build this system on a larger scale just in case I decide to do more in the future.

As for powering this set up, I have some old school, but trusty equipment from my old K-5 Blazer. I have my old Punch 200 amp and an Alpine ERA-G320 sound processor. I know I wont be able to control anything other than the bass with the processor. That is where I get to thinking that I should just go all the way and buy a radio, another amp, and replace all the speakers in the truck. :dunno: Problem with that is I love my steering wheel controls and I've heard a few bad things about that PAC piece that lets you control an aftermarket radio with the steering wheel controls. :sigh:

Oh well, stuff is on order, so at least I'm starting on this now. I've been debating for a long time about upgrading my system. We'll see how it sounds and make more decisions at that time.

Late- Alex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does it sound? I'm thinking it isn't going to sound all that hot since I'm trying to not change the stock radio.

Reason I'm asking is because I started to order a few things for my truck. I ordered this box from Subthump. I also ordered two 10" Fosgates for the box. A few other things I ordered are a distribution block and that line out thing. I'm trying to build this system on a larger scale just in case I decide to do more in the future.

As for powering this set up, I have some old school, but trusty equipment from my old K-5 Blazer. I have my old Punch 200 amp and an Alpine ERA-G320 sound processor. I know I wont be able to control anything other than the bass with the processor. That is where I get to thinking that I should just go all the way and buy a radio, another amp, and replace all the speakers in the truck.  :dunno: Problem with that is I love my steering wheel controls and I've heard a few bad things about that PAC piece that lets you control an aftermarket radio with the steering wheel controls.  :sigh:

Oh well, stuff is on order, so at least I'm starting on this now. I've been debating for a long time about upgrading my system. We'll see how it sounds and make more decisions at that time.

Late-  Alex

set up and interfaced correctly this will sound fine. I will be adding a grip of gear to my factory head in the very near future.

Does anyone know how the all the other speakers besides the Bose woofer are powered? I was wondering if I could maybe buy something to plug into the sound processor so I may control those speakers instead of just the subs.

Well, my setup is not a real high end setup, but mine sounds pretty decent.....

Maybe a question for one of the audio pro's around here...

Share your set up! I'd like to hear what you got and how you like it. Did you go the same route as me with just the subs and amp?

Late- Alex

you could wait for the cleansweep to come out , its like the pac adapter but much better , its supposed to process the sounds coming from the stock hu and let you add after market amps. it also has a aux input.

As for powering this set up, I have some old school, but trusty equipment from my old K-5 Blazer. I have my old Punch 200 amp and an Alpine ERA-G320 sound processor. I know I wont be able to control anything other than the bass with the processor. That is where I get to thinking that I should just go all the way and buy a radio, another amp, and replace all the speakers in the truck.  :dunno: Problem with that is I love my steering wheel controls and I've heard a few bad things about that PAC piece that lets you control an aftermarket radio with the steering wheel controls.  :sigh:

Late-  Alex

I added two tens to my system with a memphis audio amp in an enclosed fitted box facing downward under bench seat through the pac adapter works great. Key to my system is I have a remote bass knob to control bass...

you could wait for the cleansweep to come out , its like the pac adapter but much better , its supposed to process the sounds coming from the stock hu and let you add after market amps. it also has a aux input.

I guess you're talking about this product?

http://www.jlaudio.com/press/CleanSweep05.html

So I'll better wait ordering my Pac thingies; as I have 2 boxes of audio material available for installation.

Where could I order this stuff?

Pascal

I went ahead with the PAC. I've heard good things about them so I'll try it out. I still think it's not going to be the type of quality sound that I'm looking for. My decision to change my head unit will depend on the quality of sound I get by just adding the PAC piece, subs, and an amp. I'd definately like to keep the dash looking stock if I can. Everything should be here this week.

We'll see!!!!!!! :dunno:

Late- Alex

I was going to go with cleansweap but I fell in love with the Kenwood indash touchscreen so I bought it. Your subs will sound alright hooked up to the factory head-unit, but it will sound better with an aftermarket.

I dont think that cleansweap is worth it, just my opinion :dunno:

I agree, and audio control has been making interfaces for factory decks for years, just that know one thought of them like that. I will be using them instead of Jl cleenseep!

THe whole set up will sound so much better with an aftermarket deck amp and speakers!!! 

I wish you guys could hear my set up.. It would make your jaw drop!!!!

That's all fine and dandy and I would change out my head unit except for one thing, I love my steering wheel controls. :sigh: Like I have said before, me changing out the head unit will depend on the sound quality I get from these upgrades alone. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

You can still use your steering wheel controls, you just have to buy an adapter. Thats what I did.

I heard all about that adapter. I heard there is a slight pause when you push buttons on the wheel. I don't know for sure, but that would bug me! I'd like to see one working in person before I bought one.

Late- Alex

Archived