got corsa sport exhaust this weekend

iwineng03ss

i got my corsa sport system off ebay this week installed last night went for a cruise not really to impressed with the sound does it get louder over time?? just seems a touch louder then stock.. if it doesnt get louder this system maybe up for sale soon.. just curious if it gets louder or not.. very good quality just not quite the sound i was looking for i guess. thanks for any input

My touring muffler did get a degree raspier and louder, but the corsas are only truly loud when the RPM is in motion and at WOT. I know this is a little late to suggest, but to get a lot louder I would personally suggest the Flowmaster products.

Mr. P. :)

well maybe i can sell this system for close to what i paid for it and go with a flowmaster system.. what about gibson?? are they loud?? i guess i listed to the sound clips on corsas website and thought thats what sound i would be getting .. oh well not the first time or first vehicle i have got something for a car or truck didnt like it and sold and bought and sold and bought lol..

Yeah, a lot of exhaust manufacturers have sound clips on their sites... too bad nobody posts any measurements in decibels.

I have a db meter, if I'm ever in a situation where there are a lot of SS's around with different exhaust systems I'd take a few readings and post them.

well maybe i can sell this system for close to what i paid for it and go with a flowmaster system.. what about gibson?? are they loud?? i guess i listed to the sound clips on corsas  website and thought thats what sound i would be getting .. oh well not the first time or first vehicle i have got something for a car or truck  didnt like it and sold and bought and sold and bought lol..

The gibsons from my experience are quiet. Obviously flowmaster will have a loud sound, but i would recommend magnaflow that is what i have and they are loud.

well after 2 days of having it on it is getting louder and raspier. i have a buddy that knows a guy at an exhaust shop that will take my resinator and cat off and put new pipe in for about 50 dollars that should waken things up quite a bit .. so that is going to get done next weekend.. anyone else done this?

if you go with a different exaust just change out the muffler, with a magnaflow and sell the corsa muffler. should be able to get a good price for it, some people are looking for just a corsa muffler and not the hole system...........DO I HEAR $500 bid... :D

good luck

:seeya:

please let us know the result after you took of the resonator and cat.

keep bug off your teeth

will do... this is going to happen this coming weekend.. i am taking it to my buddies shop and he is going to do the work while i am at the nascar race in chicago.. so i should know something within the week.. just hope it runs fine till i can get a tune.. most people i have talked to on this issue say it will run fine till the tune and even better after

let me tell ya, if you have a corsa sport you'll find that it's alot louder than you may guess. have someone drive your truck and listen to it from the outside. corsa systems can be extremely obnoxious from the outside and be just barely loud inside the truck. on top of this with just a few mods your corsa will begin to be much more noticable.

My friend who is the the service manager at the dealer I worked at put the Corsa system on his 00 Silverado (no cats) and sound like the old cherry bombs and glasspacks. I was not impressed with the sound either but he got it at cost because someone ordered it thru GM Performance parts and never picked it up, hell of a deal but it still sound funky :D

He already blew out the baffle inside the muffler and had it warrantied

well after putting about 300 miles on it this weekend i can tell you i love it now!!! my fiance drove it to work tonight and when she left out of the driveway i was like wow!! its that loud!! so its staying the way it is till i can afford to put headers on it.. so i think it must take some breaking in but now its just right..

Archived