My A/C SUCKS

zoopete

Well the dealer just called and said the problem was the fan clutch. Is this normal? :dunno:

I'm happy that I get to go pick up my truck now, but wounder if this is going to be a problem that will happen again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GM had this problem on the Suburbans and made a fan kit that bolted in front of the condenser to fix that problem (not enough air flow across it at idle). I will work onth the SS if you don't have any aftermarket accesories there already. That is partly why the went to electric fans.

Can you post the TSB with the part number for this add-on fan? I think I can use it on another project.

Mr. P. :)

I went through the same problem with my A/C last year. 3 times to the dealer and they replaced a switch. Seemed to work ok after that but i noticed a week ago when i stopped it did it AGAIN! ! ! :mad::mad:

As far as E-fans. I would rather my A/C not work. Than my truck to over heat. IMO.

Well the dealer just called and said the problem was the fan clutch.  Is this normal?  :dunno:

I'm happy that I get to go pick up my truck now, but wounder if this is going to be a problem that will happen again.

They replace my fan clutch about 3 weeks ago, but it has still done it..... :dunno:

Just got the SS back from the dealership, they claim that lack of air flow around the condensor at idle in traffic causes the a/c not to blow cold. there is nothing they can do about it. Is there a TSB on it? please let me know so I can get this fixed asap as I am sitting at 30000 miles~ soon to be 31000 as I am driving to St.Lou this weekend!

Just got the SS back from the dealership, they claim that lack of air flow around the condensor at idle in traffic causes the a/c not to blow cold.  there is nothing they can do about it. Is there a TSB on it?  please let me know so I can get this fixed asap as I am sitting at 30000 miles~ soon to be 31000 as I am driving to St.Lou this weekend!

Have your dealer get the GM Technical Assistance Center (GMTAC)

involved, asap.

There is always something the dealer can do, like use the resources

available to them outside of their dealership and resolve the issue.

Suggest they upgrade your truck to e-fans...

As far as E-fans. I would rather my A/C not work. Than my truck to over heat. IMO.

I've had no problems with my fans... other than problems I've caused myself.

If you're worried about the Flex-A-Lite hardware, go for 35A controller from these guys: http://www.dccontrol.com. I've been running one for a year now with the infamous FAL fuse/fuse holder - everthing is working great.

I do a lot of rather heavy towing (5,000lbs), sit in traffic all the time, like to 'drive' my truck. etc. etc.

Well I know that I'm still not happy with the a/c. As I was leaving the dealer last night to go home the cab never really did get that cold, was still hot when I got home. I guess I'll see how things are and just take it back again. :(

When I got in my truck last night to leave work, I was thinking the same thing....

I drove out to the dealership (about 5 miles away), and by the time I got there, everyone in the service dept. had already left. I took the salesman who sold the ss to me outside (he is a good family friend), and made him look at the thermometer in the center vent.....73*.....are you kidding me....even at highway speed with cool air coming in, I only hit 70*...

P.S. - ever since the first complaint with the a/c in the SS, I have kept a digital thremometer in the truck so I can keep track of how cold it is.

Archived