Honest Lee's Paint and Body Shop

Lee

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Lee I was so inspired ... Im thinking of doing the wheels black also just not to sure yet.

Hey Tim, I applaud your dare to be different approach! Too many things in life are "cookie cutter" bland. An idea for you to consider with the wheels would be to powdercoat them black, but polish the outer bead (about a quarter inch wide). That might give a nice subtle contrast. Have fun with your ride!

Sounds like a PhotoChop is in order. I would also like to see the black rims on the Black SS. I am an advicate of darker rims. :D

but I'm not sure I would want that much of a stealth look.
I am not sure what to think of the black wheels.

Yeah, I agree with both you guys. Black wheels can look really cool on a black vehicle but it has to be the right vehicle. Porsche 911's came out with an all black alloy wheel back in '78. It looked fantastic. Black on black is great but I'm a little concerned about something as big as a pick-up truck. That is a LOT of black. It might be too overwhelming.

Lee, do you have a web site? I would like to see more pics of your truck. I am getting ready to sell my 02 GMC 1500 HD, and I can't decide what I want. I like the looks of the SS, but wish it had more HP and rear leg room like my 02 Harley F-150.

Decisions, decisions :confused:

N2 and Steve,

Sorry, no web site, guys. I just put the two links down below that are on this forum. That's all I have.

N2, All I can say about your "decision" to get an SS is that it is the best truck on the market at the moment. I drove them all before getting mine. There is just too much to like about this vehicle. Good luck with your decision.

Here

and

Here

Archived