Lee's SS

Lee

Modified front end with the grill and "air-intake" openings painted black along with red bowtie w/ black border.

BowtieFinished.JPG

Fullside.jpg

Side.JPG

Tire.jpg

Wheel.jpg

Painted calipers after above pictures were taken.

CaliperFinished.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sidesteps and woodgrain, nothing says sport like steps on a vehicle that has already been lowered and woodgrain, is this still the 70's? i do like the wheels, but....

I had thought the wood would look funny and cheap, but now that I see a picture of it, it looks classy :thumbs: . I would have to see how it looks from a bit wider angle to see how it blends with the rest of the interior. Does it come with panels for the arm rest area too?

Hey, Al. They're chrome. I'm sorry but I don't know the mfg. I just saw them on another truck, liked it, and told the dlr. to put them on. I never even looked at the mfg. information.

Dave, you can buy these kits in sections. I chose not to put door panels on but they are available.

zippy, what is your problem, son? It's one thing to give your negative opinion when someone asks for it prior to making some modification. It's quite another to just go around and tell all the folks on internet boards (or in person) that what they did to THEIR vehicle was wrong and/or ugly. I would not normally have said anything but this is the second post just this morning where you have been negative. Is that your mission on these boards, going around and correcting folks you think are in error? Mighty lofty of you to give all of us your wisdom in hopes we will learn from it and not make the same mistake twice. I guess it is the 70's as I like what I did to mine and that's all that counts. Please notice and make a note of it - "mine" is the operative word in that sentence. Although I don't trick out my vehicles to please others, I must be doing something right as I get A LOT of complements on every vehicle I've ever owned.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "you can't please everyone?" Evidently your definition of "sport" is something striped down. That's cool. I would never fault you for that but mine definition is different. For your education, the step (nerf) bars are for looks, not as an assist to entering the truck. And the dash? I think an all grey dash on anything is drab. Just MHO you understand. I apologize for not having the forethought to call you before making these mods, zippy. I guess I should be flattered that you at least like the wheels. My lucky day. :thumbs:

Hey Kevin,

As a matter of fact I did consider painting the calipers to match the truck. Only briefly, however. Then I remembered. :D The real world problem in doing that is that you then must keep them clean or it looks like hell. I learned that lesson many years ago with a Porsche. It seems like I spent more time cleaning the calipers than I did driving the car. That kind of thing looks good on show cars that don't get driven but it's not practical in vehicles you actually drive. In the end I just ended up re-painting them black. :sigh:

Ultimate,

Thanks, guy. I really appreciate the comment.

Thanks Stealth.

Regarding zippy and SWT. I'll have to admit, I was totally blown away. I probably over reacted when I responded in that post but I really was stunned by someone's lack of common sense or TOTAL lack of courtesy. In a million years I would not join a forum of people with a common interest and then tell one of the members I didn't like the modifications he made to his/her ride. I simply can't imagine doing that. To be honest, I am STILL floored. I even considered just leaving the board as I didn't want to be apart of a group that had so little respect for each others opinions or sense of design. Before I made that move I used the search engine to see their past comments and find out "who these guys were." After reviewing their posts (in the case of SWT, all he/she does is post smilies - literally) I decided to stay. That was all I needed to know. Plus, people who feel the need to put down others to make themselfs feel good are their own worst enemy, anyway.

Thanks again for your support, Stealth.

Great looking SS Lee!!! I might be a little biased since my SS is also Red. I like the wheels and other personal touches you have made to your SS. I also appreciate and agree with your comments about courtesy and respect for other board members and their ideas.

Lee,

I love your SS. I think the step bars look awesome on it. I was wondering what they would look like and they look awesome. You did a awesome job picking out the rims and the wood trim is nice.. doubt i would do it but looks good on your truck. Don't worry about zippy and SWT.. ive been ignoring their post for sometime now. This is a really great forum if you get past the people that are just pissed off at the world and jelous because their truck doesnt look as good as yours. You will get a lot of good information on this forum if you just hang around and ignore the bull crap.

P.S I know if i saw your truck on the road id have to wipe the drool off my mouth.. Awesome ride man!

Let me add my sentiments to those who are applauding your customization - I hope it's everything you want out of this ride. Have fun, and enjoy it, man - it's YOUR truck, not Zippy's ! He annoyed me on a technical thread I started about towing capacities. I guess he thinks he's the only one who knows everything about everything. I nearly left the board over his ridiculous and critical remarks, as well. Maybe he's just one of those types that likes to piss everyone else off. What a waste of time -

Drive that red baby, and enjoy the hell out of it !

Let me add my sentiments to those who are applauding your customization - I hope it's everything you want out of this ride. Have fun, and enjoy it, man - it's YOUR truck, not Zippy's ! He annoyed me on a technical thread I started about towing capacities. I guess he thinks he's the only one who knows everything about everything. I nearly left the board over his ridiculous and critical remarks, as well. Maybe he's just one of those types that likes to piss everyone else off. What a waste of time -

Drive that red baby, and enjoy the hell out of it !

:thumbs:

Archived