Silverado SS single cab............

ChevyZr2001

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

sorry, i'm no good with chevy's, but can't you simply buy the new silverado reg. cab short bed with a larger engine and RWD, won't it have the same front fascia, not the lower vents, but i realize certain things may be different, suspension and such, but that could prolly be changed for cheaper. Or am I just missing the point?

-Joe

chevy ss's have always been slower than lightnings so why stop a good thing?

Gotta love a good troll. :angry:

And FYI, stock for stock a race between a L1 and a 91-93SS was a toss up.

Mod for mod the 90-93SS will handily spank a gen1 in any scenario.

Facts not fiction.

RF

Amen R/F! My friend from the 454ss.com board where the REAL SS truck owners hang out. Of course with a 454, THM 4oo tranny, and a 14 bolt 9.5" rearend to work with, many 454SS owners over the years have found 13 second quarter mile times with just bolt ons, 12 seconds with a little better parts selection in the bottom end with NORMAL ASPIRATION, like your truck there and 11's and faster on the funny stuff in the blue bottles. And many of these 454SS owners take their 10 + year old trucks upwards of 2,000 miles across the country each year to race at a sactioned "Sport Truck Shootout" event then they drive them home. This past year's 2002 race had not one single Lightning show up. I suspect because they can't take the abuse and break often. A few Rams and Daks did come out and play and were great competition... but the Lightning owners are all afraid of the these "old" trucks that proudly defend the "SS" nameplate for posterity.

No, the 454SS's were the fastest production truck in 1990, period. And they were built solid and tough for many decades of use and abuse. And of course all those BBC cubes make modifications pay back huge amounts of returns in power gains when simple bolt on mods are employed.

The Silverado "ss"... (I use a small case "ss" for all vehicles that fall short of the performance levels their off-brand peers but have the factory "ss" designation tacked on them to fool the uneducated buyers, a rip-off IMHO)... as I was saying, the Silverado "ss" has no hope of beating a lightly modded Furd Lightning without spending another $40,000 in performance upgrades on it. It is a nice truck and deserves to wear "RS" badges as the Rally Sport designation is more appropriate IMHO. But don't rip off unsuspecting customers and degrade the great history of the SS name by mis-identifing it!!!

The new single cab "SS" is deserving of the capitalized SS badges IMHO. It may not be the Lightning slayer that we all hope for, but I'm sure it will hold its own repectfully. Those seeking street/strip duty now have another decent platform to work with. A few bolt-ons should make it a stock L beater and some more tweeking might even kill the majority of "pulley" L's out there... If the new single cab SS is anywhere near .3 to .4 seconds of the current model year L, then it has LukerMike's thumbs up for use of the SS badges.

Now, who wants to bet that the single cab is just another sick and twisted teaser?

Archived