Silverado SS single cab............

ChevyZr2001

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darric,

Don't have Chapman do it for God's sakes. They are just the middleman. Take it directly to AZ Speed and Marine (the folks who do Chapmans installs). Save yourself some $$. 

Actually I am just giving information to anyone that may possibly want to by a new SS with the SC already installed. I am going to go and test drive the SC SS to see if it is what I REALLY want to drop $5,000 on or not. :confused: And yes I would go directly to ASM to have it done, thanks for your concern… :thumbs:

The word that I have heard on other sites is that the AWD system is not compatible with the standard cab. Thus, no production plans.

I say ditch the AWD, add 40hp (and torque), and make it a real SS. :)

I dont see why the AWD would not work in a REG CAB. I drive a 4 wheel drive reg cab short box now. The drive line is the same, you just use a shorter drive shaft in the rear.

why would you want an AWD single cab? if they are going to make it... they hopefully will make it right like the concept.. but my guess is it will be minus the manual trans & rear link suspension...

why would you want an AWD single cab?

I like everything about the current SS except its turning radius and its extra weight.

I prefer something that can make a tight turn like my Tahoe or a regular cab short box.

I can only afford one vehicle at a time so I need the AWD for winter.

Plus I like the way my Tahoe drives with the autotrac on, so the AWD should be a blast.

If it's priced low enough with the 2WD maybe I can afford to have two vehicles. I'd like buckets and a console, but it doesn't need leather for me. I would put two tone Katskin leather on 'em.

I don't think the AWD Reg Cab SS would be overpriced...

Reg Cab LS 4x4

$31,208.00

Ext Cab LT 4x4

$36,875.00

Silverado SS Ext Cab

$40,425.00

Silverado SS Reg Cab AWD

Estimated

(I took the % more the SS costs over the LT and applied it to the LS Reg Cab)

$34,212

$3K for 20's, Engine/Tranny upgrade, AWD, and body kit.

Not too bad of a deal.

Archived