XM to Sirus conversion?

greg2005

:confused: Does anyone know if there is a way to get Sirus without replacing everything in the dash of my 05 SS. I have XM and really don't care too much for on the other hand I have Sirus in my 91 SS truck and love it. I would like to switch over if it would not be too much of a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Greg and Hemi,

I reply to your guys questions.  Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

More info and pics

Sirius pics and discussion

ok, so all I need is that soundgate box and I can subscribe?? Or do I need to buy the antenna and other things?

Things needed for the upgrade.

Kenwood Sirius tuner (which is different now)

Sirius antenna ( I mounted mind on the dash)

Soundgate adapter harness (or others, as more manufacturers are out there)

:thumbs:

:confused:  Does anyone know if there is a way to get Sirus without replacing everything in the dash of my 05 SS. I have XM and really don't care too much for on the other hand I have Sirus in my 91 SS truck and love it. I would like to switch over if it would not be too much of a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

So the answer to the original question is no? I am interested too, but I don't want to have to buy $500-$1000 worth of audio equipment. Thanks

Dave

:cheers: I have found all of the equipment needed for around $175.00. The 1st piece was at Soundgate for around $120 and the (Kenwood SR902) Sirus receiver box with all the wires and antenna on ebay for $55 (can't beat that). Thanks for all the help Jason and everyone else that helped. I plan on hooking everything up in about 1 to 2 weeks and will keep you informed.

:confused:  Does anyone know if there is a way to get Sirus without replacing everything in the dash of my 05 SS. I have XM and really don't care too much for on the other hand I have Sirus in my 91 SS truck and love it. I would like to switch over if it would not be too much of a problem. Any help would be appreciated.

So the answer to the original question is no? I am interested too, but I don't want to have to buy $500-$1000 worth of audio equipment. Thanks

Dave

Like I said, you need and antenna, tuner box and adapter. About $200-250 w/o install. Look around, great deals are out there to get it cheeper. :thumbs:

Edit - A quick search leads me to believe SoundGate is still the only manufacturer to integrate the control of Sirius Sat Radio on a Factory GM radio.

Keep looking for the Kenwood SR-902 tuner box, as it's the only one that works and is out of production.

Will the soundgate adapter work with the new Kenwood Sirius Tuner, SIR-KEN1? I would like to add it immeadiatly. Also, i don't have factory XM, it will still work with the factory radio though, right? And how is it scrolling through the Sirius channels, what options do you have as far as controlling the Sirius part, can you scan via category, can you listen while you scroll, stuff like that.

thanks

Will the soundgate adapter work with the new Kenwood Sirius Tuner, SIR-KEN1?  I would like to add it immeadiatly.  Also, i don't have factory XM, it will still work with the factory radio though, right?  And how is it scrolling through the Sirius channels, what options do you have as far as controlling the Sirius part, can you scan via category, can you listen while you scroll,  stuff like that. 

thanks

Last I knew, the Soundgate adapter piece only worked with the Kenwood SR-902 that it was developed for. However, a quick call to Soundgate will confirm wether or not the SIR-KEN1 will or not.

As for not having factory XM, no I don't believe this piece will work. It was for XM equiped radios only. You will need a Aux input adapter and a Tuner module I believe. This will only give you the better sound quality through the radio, but won't tune stations or give data on the radio screen.

Will the soundgate adapter work with the new Kenwood Sirius Tuner, SIR-KEN1?  I would like to add it immeadiatly.  Also, i don't have factory XM, it will still work with the factory radio though, right?  And how is it scrolling through the Sirius channels, what options do you have as far as controlling the Sirius part, can you scan via category, can you listen while you scroll,  stuff like that. 

thanks

Last I knew, the Soundgate adapter piece only worked with the Kenwood SR-902 that it was developed for. However, a quick call to Soundgate will confirm wether or not the SIR-KEN1 will or not.

As for not having factory XM, no I don't believe this piece will work. It was for XM equiped radios only. You will need a Aux input adapter and a Tuner module I believe. This will only give you the better sound quality through the radio, but won't tune stations or give data on the radio screen.

I contacted soundgate, and the SIR-KEN1 will work with the soundgate box, and our trucks factory units. In fact that is the tuner they recommended for their adaptor. I bought the soungate box else where for 85.00 shipped, and got the SIR-KEN1 off of ebay for 70.00 shipped.

Archived