WESTERS PCM OWNERS

rmcswain

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I,ve had mine for about 3 weeks Im very happy with the results. Before I installed it I ran 15.5 at the track. I,ve been trying to get back to see what kind of improvements I has made in the 1/4 but I live in Pgh Pa. and it rains all the time. Maybe this Tuesday it wont rain. I feel more power and it definetly shifts much better. I am very happy so far.

Thanks for adding more input, Tim. :thumbs:

what does changing out the pcm do to the warranty? or will they never no once they reflash it at the dealership?

According to Lyndon, he loads in the latest program where they will not even know at the dealership, also applies to warranty. He has stated that if they do reflash, he will send another out to you for free, minus shipping.

:withstupid:

Made a great difference in shifting. 2-3 is very firm and the truck will now pass above 70MPH

Did I ever tell ya all that it now goes over 130 MPH!!!!! :D:D:D

Did get a small gain in power

No change in milage, still 13 MPG

Over all, I am very happy

Chad

I think we were talking about you when I ordered. He stated that some guy was running 128 on a runway. Is it you? :D

rm,

Yeah, I agree. So far, on two boards, I have not heard anyone complain so I'm going to get one. Only problem now is the the '03 chips are in short supply so you have to send him yours to be programed. I can't be without my truck that long (about a week) so I am just waiting until he can get a ready supply of 03 chips and I can get the new one before sending him my stock chip.

Well just got back from the track. This was the first time since I installed the Westers PCM, Air intake and Flowmaster. Heres my times

Temp 78

Barometer 28.10

R/T .700

60 ft 2.322

330 6.527

1/8 10.015

MPH 71.04

1000 13.038

1/4 15.640

MPH 86.52 :fume:

Not a Happy Camper

My Stock times were better 15.504 :sigh:

I think I need a Wistle

I,ll be talking to Lyndon in the morning

rm,

Yeah, I agree. So far, on two boards, I have not heard anyone complain so I'm going to get one. Only problem now is the the '03 chips are in short supply so you have to send him yours to be programed. I can't be without my truck that long (about a week) so I am just waiting until he can get a ready supply of 03 chips and I can get the new one before sending him my stock chip.

Lee,

I'm with you bro, I will get one but gonna wait till availability is better and hopefully all the little kinks are resolved such as................

Tim,

Thanks for the info on your track times, I certainly hope Lyndon can get you more speed, and I believe he will. With all reports, I have seen he aims to please, good luck buddy :thumbs:

Well just got back from the track. This was the first time since I installed the Westers PCM, Air intake and Flowmaster. Heres my times

Temp            78

Barometer    28.10

R/T              .700

60 ft              2.322

330              6.527

1/8                10.015

MPH              71.04

1000            13.038

1/4              15.640

MPH              86.52 :fume:

Not a Happy Camper

My Stock times were better 15.504 :sigh:

I think I need a Wistle

I,ll be talking to Lyndon in the morning

Please keep us posted on this. I can understand the dissapointment. Was the weather basically the same both days?

And when you said stock, did you mean with the intake and flows already installed with the factory computer? Or totally bone Stock from the factory all the way around? I guess I can imagine that the flowmasters could loose torque or horsepower, but boy do they sound good. And, ummm, it seems tough to imagine that an intake would cost you in 1/4 mile time.

Hmm, I don't know what to think. So many different guys on two boards saying they saw a noticeable difference and now Tims experience. Maybe just a bad day? Hope so, for Tims sake and all of us who want to new PCM

I have the 2X3" flowmaster. I just got off the phone with Lyndon at Westers he is redoing my PCM and also thinks the air intake might be a problem. The air temp sensors are in around the throttle body. With the open intake the air sensors could be sensing to much heat and screwing with the timing. I am very happy with westers at this point just concerned and need to work out a few bugs. I am putting the stock intake back on and going back to the track. :confused:

Archived