WESTERS PCM OWNERS

rmcswain

I have the 2X3" flowmaster. I just got off the phone with Lyndon at Westers he is redoing my PCM and also thinks the air intake might be a problem. The air temp sensors are in around the throttle body. With the open intake the air sensors could be sensing to much heat and screwing with the timing. I am very happy with westers at this point just concerned and need to work out a few bugs. I am putting the stock intake back on and going back to the track. :confused:

Good Luck Tim,

You'll get this problem solved :cheers: BUGS :fume:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Made a great difference in shifting. 2-3 is very firm and the truck will now pass above 70MPH

:wtf: Falconpilot, this makes me quite interested (in purchasing one) that you say it'll now pass above 70mph, becuase I think we'd all agree this is a weakpoint in our "power curve". How does the new program accomplish this? Does it just change the shift point? Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

Well Lyndon smeemto feel he found my problem. He made a mistake in my file which removed all the timing he programed in and enabled the torque management at a lower level slowing me down. He is reprograming another PCM for me right away. Best customer service I've delt with in a long time. :thumbs:

I've said it all along, if the product sucked it'd still be worth the customer service.

I should be getting the latest PCM with the correct shift points in about a week probably.

ctrow,

I believe this one will be the ONE :thumbs: Thanks for keeping us posted :flag:

That is the best thing about Wester's and Lyndon. We are all human and all can't be perfect. But where Hypertech might just accept results for what they are, Lyndon will keep re-working things until you get straightened out. Custoemr service number one. And since so many of us go to him, this is like of close circle so that if anyone has a problem, he can fix it and let the rest of us know if it effects us. I'm going to have my SS dyno'd before and after. He'll be sening mine out in shortly I hope. :troll:

I'm going to have my SS dyno'd before and after.

Nelson,

Are you going to do that BEFORE any other mods go on so you're just testing the PCM? That would be a huge bit of information as nobody has done that to my knowledge.

Lee,

Yes, I'm going to have it done before any other mods are put on, except Flowsmater 50 series whchh are on already. I'll Dyno before which is an SS with only 50 Series Flowmaster's and then I'll dyno after the Wester's thing. Being that the Dyno runs are kinda expensive, I'll be accepting donation: mail to Broke Ass SOB in San Jose, CA, LOL. J/K :jester: I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Nelson

Bad News guys...I talked to Speedmerchant today and spoke with the technician who would do the Dyno and it won't work. Apparently when I spoke to the manager the first time, he knew it was AWD but thought you could switch to RWD. So basically, the Dyno won't work so I'm back to looking for a new Dyno. :fume:

This is the guy who messed me up :sleep::smash: This guy with the hammer is me!

im just wondering what yall would think the best modes for about $600 would be. im either thinking an exhaust and intake or the westers. what would be more bang for the buck? thanks for the opinions.

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you want more MPG then I would suggest electric fans. It will give a little more power but not much in my opinion. It will help with how fast the engine revs.

If you want all out performance I would go with the PCM.

Or a better answer, do ALL!

Archived