awd dynos

2bseen

The number you need is the Wheelbase, which is 143.5 inches. That is the distance from the center of the front wheel to the center of the rear wheel. An unfortunte number of AWD dynos were built with things like Subarus in mind, and come up short.

Yeah, that I do know. Mostly Subaru, and Mitsu, are what AWD dyno's were built for, or are for around here. One place here has a Dynopac system this is where they bolt onto the hub or the car and are not bound by, wheelbase. The only bad news, they vary by hub size. I was also, told that a new place just opened and they have a variable wheelbast in ground dyno. I was going to try there and see what the longest wheelbase is that they can do. Then maybe our local SSS'er can dyno without worry for the transfer case.

I recommend calling the guys at www.dynapackusa.com they know what each of their customers have in terms of hubs and dyno equipment. If there is an AWD shop in your area with the correct hub adapters, they sould be able to tell you.

Does anyone know of one in Alabama, Tenn., or GA.  I havnt been able to locate one that the truck will fit on.

• 1 month later...

I've heard that the dynapaks are no good for us as it can't load up the truck right or something, but no idea.

There is a Mustang that will fit (just barely) us in Sanford FL (which is near Orlando).

Long drive for you T, but its a good shop. Aeromotive is the name... If you want more info, I can look it up for ya.

"Total Performance" just opened here in Mobile,Al and they have an AWD Dyno that'll pull an SSS. I don't have their phone # :dunno: .Their located near the Dog Track off I-10 west. :driving:

My son went to the open house. :seeya:

Best,WP

Well that sucks, wish I'd known before I left.

Archived