Beefing up the 4L65-E

Well, with a lot of research, and questions aimed at other members, I have sort of come to a conclusion.

Yank Truck Thruster 3000.... ordered, thanks TBryne.

Corvette Servo..... many think this is enough (FLP), some think billet servo's can cause damage.

Trans-Go shift kit.... most widely used

LS1 Edit.... to rid you of Tq Management at WOT, also adj shift point. Most recommend only adj line pressure at WOT, leaving Tq management in at part throtle. Already have it.

Vac Modulation Conversion.... many high performance trannies convert to this, although I think I'm going to pass

This is about the most you can do without breaking completely into it.

Haven't decided yet if I will have FLP do it or not.

:cheers:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious on the cost of a good kit and billett servos also where to get them. I am really disappointed with the 1-2 shift. I put a Thrasher Performance shift kit in my 97 GTP it will squak the tires in second. I'm not looking for that, just a good firm shift.

Well, with a lot of research, and questions aimed at other members, I have sort of come to a conclusion.

Yank Truck Thruster 3000.... ordered, thanks TBryne.

Corvette Servo..... many think this is enough (FLP), some think billet servo's can cause damage. 

Trans-Go shift kit.... most widely used

LS1 Edit.... to rid you of Tq Management at WOT, also adj shift point.  Most recommend only adj line pressure at WOT, leaving Tq management in at part throtle.  Already have it.

Vac Modulation Conversion.... many high performance trannies convert to this, although I think I'm going to pass

This is about the most you can do without breaking completely into it.

Haven't decided yet if I will have FLP do it or not.

:cheers:

Don't get carried away with the line pressure. You will just generate more heat and shorten the life of the clutches.

If you remove the TQ management you'll be into the trans in short order. I wish someone would do some back to back runs with and w/o TQ management. Not that much would be lost is my guess. If its cutting power at the shifts only it would be active for just a fraction of a second during each shift. What would the affect be on a 1/4 mile run?

You could also modify it so it didn't cut the power by so much during the shift. If the factory felt it needed TQ mgmt with a stock 6.0 all the more reason to figure out how to use it with more HP.

The tranny is something you can pay for now or pay more later type of things. If your serious about modifications FLP will cost less in the long run,,IMHO

:seeya:

Don't worry. :P

Everything I mentioned, mostly came directly from Chuck @ FLP. I had a few other sources, but they mostly said the same thing. If you re-read, I mentioned adj line pressure only @ WOT (if you don't have Vac Mod). Also, taking out Tq Management only @ WOT. I have a lot of faith in Chuck, I would try to mis-lead anyone. Just reporting back on my findings. :cheers:

Curious on the cost of a good kit and billett servos also where to get them. I am really disappointed with the 1-2 shift. I put a Thrasher Performance shift kit in my 97 GTP it will squak the tires in second. I'm not looking for that, just a good firm shift.

The shift kits run around $100. The Corvette servo recommended by most (Billett's not recommended by most tranny guys) runs about $20. :seeya:

where are you getting the issue from the billet servo's from? any of the big performance 4L60/65E transmission builders use them and for good reason.

Might want to check again Zippy. Most I talked to, prefer the Vette Servo. Only going with the Billett's on full race stuff, and then even then only maybe

Archived