Are you famous?

a-blur-by-you

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm an admin on the #2 Counter-Strike: Source server in the U.S. does that make me famous? :P

For you old people I don't expect you to know what CS:S is. :jester:

I'm related in some distant way to some o-lineman that played for the Kansas City Chiefs named John Ault or something like that. Not very famous, since I can't even remember if that's his name or not.

I'm not related to anyone famous.... at least not in America. My family is named for a city in Germany (technically I'm a Baron) and theres a Kleist castle that has been in my family since the very first prussians settled in German. From that line we have a poet who appears on German coins, and a whole crap load of German military figures... most noteable being Feild Marshall Ewald von Kleist.... basically the General of the Nazi armies on the eastern front... evil bastard was one of Hitlers closest personal friends. Check out the pics on this page and tell me this SOB doesn't look like an evil Nazi bastard: http://www.islandfarm.fsnet.co.uk/Generalf...on%20Kleist.htm

Other than that I work with pro-athletes and celebrities almost every day as part of my job... so in a way I have famous connections... just not famous family members.

Sorry, I'm just a legend in my own mind!  But I've worked for 4 of the Forbes top-1000, does that count?

Mr. P. :)

what ever happened with your search of your families past??? nothing turned up besides your gunslinger grandpa or something like that?? :dunno:

I'm not related to anyone famous.... at least not in America. My family is named for a city in Germany (technically I'm a Baron) and theres a Kleist castle that has been in my family since the very first prussians settled in German. From that line we have a poet who appears on German coins, and a whole crap load of German military figures... most noteable being Feild Marshall Ewald von Kleist.... basically the General of the Nazi armies on the eastern front... evil bastard was one of Hitlers closest personal friends. Check out the pics on this page and tell me this SOB doesn't look like an evil Nazi bastard:  http://www.islandfarm.fsnet.co.uk/Generalf...on%20Kleist.htm

thats pretty cool you know that stuff.... :crazy:

as for me...just a huge military background but I'd have to ask my grandpa if any that were in text books... and things of the sort!

~Brian

Sorry, I'm just a legend in my own mind!  But I've worked for 4 of the Forbes top-1000, does that count?

Mr. P. :)

what ever happened with your search of your families past??? nothing turned up besides your gunslinger grandpa or something like that?? :dunno:

Oh no I found out a lot, and I mean a lot. The Poythress name (hence "Mr. P.") figures very prominently in American history, like DVK I have old-world roots. Poythress' were land-owning Welsh barons (England) in the 1500's but not really nobility, and a Francis Poythress came to Roanoke Virgina in 1624 to be a prominent Indian fur trader and early statesman; all American Poythress' decend from this one man. Several Poythress family members have held office in Virginia, including that of Governor (twice).

There was also a split in the family in the 1700s, with much inter-marriage with the local Roanoke area indians (the most famous was the marriage of the daughter of Pocahontas to a Poythress man). The indians that everyone is taught about on Thanksgiving Day that helped the Roanoke settlers were partly my iner-racial family. These Poythress' did not live a very glamorous life, being tennant farmers right up until about 1960.

Mr. P.

Oh no I found out a lot, and I mean a lot.  The Poythress name (hence "Mr. P.") figures very prominently in American history, like DVK I have old-world roots.  Poythress' were land-owning Welsh barons (England) in the 1500's but not really nobility, and a Francis Poythress came to Roanoke Virgina in 1624 to be a prominent Indian fur trader and early statesman; all American Poythress' decend from this one man.  Several Poythress family members have held office in Virginia, including that of Governor (twice).

There was also a split in the family in the 1700s, with much inter-marriage with the local Roanoke area indians (the most famous was the marriage of the daughter of Pocahontas to a Poythress man).  The indians that everyone is taught about on Thanksgiving Day that helped the Roanoke settlers were partly my iner-racial family.  These Poythress' did not live a very glamorous life, being tennant farmers right up until about 1960.

Mr. P.

see thats cool as shit...I wouldnt even know where to begin to look... :dunno:

Archived