Are you famous?

a-blur-by-you

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Grandfather, Dr Stan London is the Doctor for the St. Louis Cardinals, and also was for the St. Louis Hawks basketball team before they were moved to Atlanta. He has 12 hall of fames in Collegate and Pro sports and awards through medicine. I would consider him famous, but in a different way than most think. Because of him I have had a pitching lesson with, Bob Gibson, had breakfast with Ozzie Smith, dinner with Joe Torrie(sp) and during the world series in STL VS Boston I met and wore Jim Edmons Team coat to keep my ass warm!

NORMAN LEAR.

Thats my sister in laws uncle. She has been taking care of his sister (aunt) who is ill. He is very gratefull. He has told her to quit her job, go back to school, he will supply a stipend to live off of, set their kid up for college etc.

The guy is LOADED

It's all in the works ! ( it pays to be nice and considerate )

NORMAN LEAR.

Born in New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A., 27 July 1922. Attended Emerson College, 1940-42. Married 1) Charlotte Rosen (divorced); child: Ellen; 2)Frances Loeb (divorced); children: Kate and Maggie; 3) Lyn Davis; children: Benjamin, Brianna, and Madeline. U.S. Air Force, 1942-45, Air Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters. Career in public relations, 1945-49; comedy writer, various television programs, 1950s; writer-producer, television specials, 1960s; creator, producer, and writer, television series, 1970s, including All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Maude, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman; founded Act III Communications comprised of television station and motion picture theater ownership, motion picture and television production, 1987. President, American Civil Liberties Association of Southern California, 1973; trustee, Museum of Television and Radio; founder, People for the American Way, 1980; founder, Business Enterprise Trust, 1988; member, Writers Guild of America; Directors Guild of America; American Federation of Television and Radio Artists; Caucus of Producers, Writers, and Directors. Recipient: four Emmy Awards, George Foster Peabody Award, Broadcaster of the Year, International Radio and Television Society, 1973; Humanitarian Award, National Council of Christians and Jews, 1976; Mark Twain Award, International Platform Association, 1977; Valentine Davies Award, Writers Guild of America, 1977; William O. Douglas Award, Public Counsel, 1981; First Ammendment Lecturer, Ford Hall Forum, 1981; Gold Medal of the International Radio and Television Society, 1981; Distinguished American Award, 1984; Mass Media Award, American Jewish Committee of Institutional Executives, 1987; among the first inductees to the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame, 1984.

TELEVISION SERIES

1950-51 Ford Star Review (co-writer)

1950-55 Colgate Comedy Hour (writer)

1955-56 The Martha Raye Show (witer)

1955 The George Gobel Show (producer, director)

1971 All in the Family (producer, writer)

1972 Sanford and Son (producer)

1972 Maude (producer, writer)

1975 Hot L Baltimore (producer)

1975 One Day At A Time (producer)

1976 Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman (producer)

1976 The Nancy Walker Show (producer)

1976 All's Fair (producer)

1977 All That Glitters (producer)

1978 Apple Pie (producer)

1979 The Baxters (producer)

1980 Palmerstown (producer, with Alex Hailey)

1984 a.k.a. Pablo (producer)

1991 Sunday Dinner (producer)

1992 The Powers That Be (producer)

1994 704 Hauser (producer)

NORMAN LEAR.

Dude that is cool.

Not quite a celebrity but: my godsons's great-grandfather (still alive) is the man who designed the flight control system for the Titan missile and Gemini rocket programs... He was showing us all kinds of blueprints in his garage a couple years ago, I was loving it but my godson (only 5 at the time) did not really appreciate it all as much as I did!

Mr. P.

My great, great, great uncle was the original land owner of St. Louis County Missouri......damn, if he would have only kept a little bit....

My grandfather was at the raising of the flag on Mt. Suribachi on Iwo Jima....standing next to the photographer (he said they were shooting at the guys raising the flag....too dangerous for more guys to go up there)

our family has a strong history in Italy.. Back in the 1700's-late 1800's we were Dukes, living in north easter italy in a ginormous house... we even have a mt named after our family supposidly.. also our family helped save the government at some time and our name is teached in schools there... the story has it that in the early 1900's two brothers split thier relations, one moving to the US, and one staying in italy. the one that moved here was the biggest importer of Wine in the US, and owned about 8 city blocks in Hoboken.. Our faimly lost it all in the stock crash, but my father told me that his grandfather never worked a day in his life and didnt believe in working...

But on a much cooler note my dad was roomates with Bruce Willis at Montclair State :D

Archived