F-stop the POLICE here is why.

I was just coming back from dropping off someone that stopped by and I pulled in my driveway because there was a car behind me I had to turn. I live on a fairly busy intersection. I waited till traffic was clear to back it out and turn it around to back it in. I backed out turned 90 degrees was paraell to the curb and police lights come on. I am like wtf I am backing in my driveway. I was also facing the right direction.

So I rolled down my window. Mind you I am blocking 30% of my driveway and my wheels are turned becuase I am about to back in.

The cop comes up to the truck gun drawn with the flashlight at the side of the barrel.

" Hands where I can see them!"

Um.. you are 10 feet from the truck and it is pitch black out. My window is down what do you want me to do.

"HOLD STILL I DID NOT TELL YOU TO MOVE! That is considered a hostile action and I am prepared to use force!"

What the ****..

He comes closer.

Licence and registration. Ok..

" Do you know why I pulled you over?"

No. I do not.

"Your passenger window is tinted beyond a level that I can clearly see though. Do you understand this?" Mind you he is yelling every ****ing word at me like I just ****ing robbed a bank. " DO you understand that that is illegal in the state of Illinois to obstruct the view of an officer and also for the safety of other drivers!"

Yes I do. I have a doctor's note explaining my eye conditon if you let me take my hands off the wheel I can get to the glove box and get it for you.

"DO NOT MOVE YOUR HANDS FROM THE WHEEL. IF YOU DO SO THAT IS CONSIDERED A HOSTILE MOVEMENT! I will not warn you again!"

Okay how the hell do you expect me to get my insurance card that is in the glove box with the registraion.

" You sir have not provided me with a registration. I will not ask you again. IS THIS VEHICHLE REGESTERED TO YOU! Are you the primary owner of this vehichle? I have no proof of insurance."

Officer.. I have to remove my hands from the wheel long enough to get you my insurance card to prove that and at that time I can also show your proof fom an optomitrist that I have hypersensitve eyes. They react to sunlight very badly I wear special dark glasses in daylight to cover for that.

" You may obtain your licence and registration but do not move erratically. I want you to only use one hand to obtain the information from the glovebox."

Okay..

So I reach over to the glove box and get out the little book. I cant reach the letter he tells me not to move again. Now by this time mind you my father and sister are on the doorstep watching what is happening. The insurance card expires today. Mind you the new one just came today and is on the ****ing kitchen table.

" Do you realize you are operating a vehicle with no insurance and that is illegal in the state of Illinois." " DO you also realize that you do not have the proper township IDentificatio sticker on your windsheild."

I said I live here 3 months out of the year if that much lately I work on the road and that requires me to live in other states many months out of the year why do I need to display a sticker for that?.

"STAY here while I process this."

So mind you I am about 70 feet from my front door my sister two way's me and asks what the heck is going on so I tell her and she says wait the insurance card is right here. So she walks down the driveway throws it in my passenger window and goes back to the step. So I open the envelope and pull out the card. I open the door and wave the card out the window. He makes no action. So I stepped out on the street. He gets on the loud speaker and yells again.

" GET BACK IN YOUR CAR"

I said I am just bringing you the insurance card.

He slams the car in reverse and backs up about 20 feet.

I continue to walk hands in the air till I get to my rear bumper.

He gets out of the car standing behind it to sheild himself and Draws and aims at me.

" I TOLD YOU TO GET BACK IN YOUR CAR! one more step and I will be forced to put you down. THIS IS A HOSTILE ACT!"

with that my dad has had enough starts down the driveway. He turns to my father and grabs the loudspeaker.

" SIR DO NOT APPROACH THE CAR YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED HOSTILE!"

My dad backs up a couple steps. I hear him say **** this **** and he walks back to the house and I now learned he called the police himself and reported this as harassment.

So here I am standing there hands up with this ****ing ass **** hawaii five-0 drop out ****ing pointing his service pistol at me. So I turn my back and walk back to the door and get in my truck. 10 minutes pass.

He comes up and throws 3 tickets at me and says.

"You are being issued violations for window obstruction. City identifcation, and no proof of insurance. Untill you show proof of insurance I am holding your licence as bond and I am ordering you that you may not operate this vehicile."

So I said well when you were harassing me and endangering my life. I was trying to ****ing show you my proof of insurance. He had no response.

His last words were.

" your court dates and the amount of the fines are on the tickets. Your bond is your licence or 500 dollars cash"

my last words to him

**** you see you in court ****.

I backed in my driveway.

I am now online looking for realestate to move the fcuk out of this god damn fcuking town.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's allowed to do that, then the system is corrupt enough to back him up. To bad you didn't have video of this. Rest easy, they're not all like this. Sounds like a full blown power tripper though. Just be glad he didn't get trigger happy. As upset as you were, it's best to keep your cool and file a report later. It could have turned real ugly fast.

If he's allowed to do that, then the system is corrupt enough to back him up.  To bad you didn't have video of this.  Rest easy, they're not all like this.  Sounds like a full blown power tripper though.  Just be glad he didn't get trigger happy.  As upset as you were, it's best to keep your cool and file a report later.  It could have turned real ugly fast.

Nice vette!! :thumbs:

sorry to hear the bad news. I've got the license and registration down pat since I've got 3 tickets in the last 12 months. Sounds like the cop is a rookie or something. I don't blame them for being protective, but he was wrong and out of line. If he thought you were a threat he should have called for backup so they can watch you pull out the needed papers. Either way he screwed up. Present the needed paper to the Judge before the court date and explained what happened. He should let you go since there wasn't a "real" violation.

Man...if they treat honest citizens like that, then you guys should have a zero crime rate. I would, however, suspect that the same cop would never approach a real criminal quite so easily. I think they look for what they consider easy money. I bet he got a real laugh at your expense back at the station. I think I would have to talk to his superiors once this was all over, although I'm sure they'll do nothing but back him up. Good luck!!

Dave

Worst part...

I got stopped on the way to sema 5 mph over in texas. In a hick town.

Then Got stopped on the way back in colorado 9 mph over another hick town..

Then on my way back to texas to pick up a customer's truck last month got pulled over in oklahoma.. same thing..

I am going to do everything I can legally.. But the comment was made if they are corrupt enough to back him..

God knows they will our town is so effing crooked.

I would head over to the police station right now and make them get the chief of police in right this sec, if not another superior officer. I wouldnt leave the station until you get some answers and filed a report on the incident.

Archived