Hurry up Waranty Work!!!

BigBoyToy

Just wanted to throw out there that chevy will replace your steering column if you have a knocking when you turn into, say a parking lot. I found out the hard way that the column is loosing lube somewhere. If you are still under waranty, take it in, i belive it applies to 03-05, but dont hold me to that.

ps gmc too

Yeah i have already one done just a couple weeks ago with a little over 8k on the o/d!I have a 05 so this problem is not fixed in the least, the redesign shaft should of been on my 05 i would think anyways since they got the redesign fix long before my truck was ever made.

Oh well i knew this was a problem before i bought my truck but i already told my dealer that i will never spend a penny on a part that everyone and there mother knows is going to fail within a very short amount of time!That is not my problem it is gm's and if they dont want to do a fix thats right, then they can continuosly replace them with new ones at there cost!

• 4 weeks later...
Just wanted to throw out there that chevy will replace your steering column if you have a knocking when you turn into, say a parking lot. I found out the hard way that the column is loosing lube somewhere.  If you are still under waranty, take it in, i belive it applies to 03-05, but dont hold me to that.

ps gmc too

This is true.....I just got my 2004 back from the dealer on monday for this very problem.The "fix" is to replace the steering column as a complete unit. The draw back seems to be the wait for the replacement parts. I originally took my truck to the dealer for this complaint 6 weeks ago and was informed that the part would have to be ordered. THUMB'S UP TO CHUCK HUTTON CHEVROLET of MEMPHIS !!!! for once a dealer service department that knows the definition of SERVICE !!! Communication was excellent/Service was great.

While at Chuck Hutton Chevrolet....my nephew spied a slightly used Joe Gibbs, welcome him to the American Sport Truck group as he traded in that rice burner/low rider asian excuse of a truck for the Joe Gibbs !!! We will post pictures soon.

Need your opinion.

My brother has an 03 ECSB with the 4.8. He took it in for the clunking before the warrenty expired. They fixed it at that time. Now the clunk is back!!! Correct me if I am wrong, but if the problem was fixed by replacing the intermediate shaft, it should not come back. Did they just grease it to get it through warrenty? :mad:

What would everyone on her do about it. BTW, the dealer has a rep for crap like this. (short term fixes to get it through warrenty).

Need your opinion.

My brother has an 03 ECSB with the 4.8.  He took it in for the clunking before the warrenty expired.  They fixed it at that time.  Now the clunk is back!!!  Correct me if I am wrong, but if the problem was fixed by replacing the intermediate shaft, it should not come back.  Did they just grease it to get it through warrenty?  :mad:

What would everyone on her do about it.  BTW, the dealer has a rep for crap like this. (short term fixes to get it through warrenty).

I have had mine fixed 3 times. Twice with the lube kit and once with the supposed upgraded shaft. Of course now it is clunking again. My warranty is about to expire as well. I really think there is no permanent fix yet. I will get it fixed one last time under warranty and then go with an aftermarket shaft to fix it for good (there was a post recently about this with a link)

This is true.....I just got my 2004 back from the dealer on monday for this very problem.The "fix" is to replace the steering column as a complete unit. The draw back seems to be the wait for the replacement parts. I originally took my truck to the dealer for this complaint 6 weeks ago and was informed that the part would have to be ordered. THUMB'S UP TO CHUCK HUTTON CHEVROLET of MEMPHIS !!!! for once a dealer service department that knows the definition of SERVICE !!! Communication was excellent/Service was great.

While at Chuck Hutton Chevrolet....my nephew spied a slightly used Joe Gibbs, welcome him to the American Sport Truck group as he traded in that rice burner/low rider asian excuse of a truck for the Joe Gibbs !!! We will post pictures soon.

if they replaced the whole column, they wasted time and money. the noise will return.

Archived