rim...

ssfromsd

So how hard should it be to unbolt the rims? I dont think i should have broken a gear or bearing in my dewalt hammer drill... And had to stand on the 1/2'' socket wrench. and not even get em to budge.¿.? Is there something i am missing, not using an air wrench. They are aftermarket rims... Any thoughts? :banghead:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lefty loosy, righty tighty :D

Um... maybe you were goin the wrong way? :dunno:

I make sure i tighten one bolt, then the one straight across from it so that it is even.. I dont know how to explain it any better haha sorry

G'luck tho! :chevy:

Standard torque for lugs on our trucks is 140Ft/Lbs, a standard socket wrench or itty bitty drill won't do it. I use a breaker bar to "break" them loose, then my Impact wrench to spin the lugs off, then again to put them on, followed by the torque wrench for the final turn back to 140 ft/Lbs

Standard torque for lugs on our trucks is 140Ft/Lbs, a standard socket wrench or itty bitty drill won't do it. I use a breaker bar to "break" them loose, then my Impact wrench to spin the lugs off, then again to put them on, followed by the torque wrench for the final turn back to 140 ft/Lbs

You might want to double check that spec. Maybe that is why he can't get them off, because someone made them too tight in the first place.

I was under the impression the torque spec for this size stud was 80-90.

They definitely shouldn't be that tight. This weekend I rotated the woman's tires and actually bent the breaker bar trying to loosen hers. I had to put weight in the trunk to hold the car down. I was spinning the rear tire pulling up on the bar. Actually lifting the ass end. Rediculous. Never allow anyone to touch your wheels is my advise. Also, hose em down with some WD40 before you put em back on. Good luck, thought I'd share my P.I.T.A. story.

Archived