Crushed My Roommate

SSAlaska

My roommate has a 2004 Crew Cab 4X4. He talked all kinds of shit about his HEMI and this and that. He has added a flowmaster cat back, K&N intake, and Superchips programmer. So we went out and raced. He lost twice by a truck length or so he says. He blames it on the fact that the SS is so much lighter and the 4.10 gears. He says its a slap in the face to SS owners that he can even come so close. He is hella bent on saying that SS is a weak sport truck. In addition he firmly belives that a RCSB Hemi will kill me. I have beaten a few in my day. We argue about this constantly. Anyone have any advice on how to shut him up for good.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends on your budget, of course a supercharger is a good choice but it does cost some $$. for a cheaper mod i would suggest a tb converter or maybe a set of headers. if you race him from a stop with a new tc, it would be better because you would take him bad off the line!

Here’s the funny part.

My truck is over 1500lbs heavier then his. He only pulled a few feet over a truck length. When we started running out of room he was no longer pulling and I was closing. Around 85 mph. This is all in 4WD by the way. So yes ssalaska is a little over a truck length faster then me in just about a ¼ mile. My point is he tells me all the time how he beats RC hemi’s all the time. Unless they are stock... how is that possible??? A RC superchips tuned hemi easily pulled away from me all the way up to well over 100. and I start closing the gap with the ss at 80??? Come on…

The thing ssalaska dose not understand is that I was still in 2nd gear at 80 and he was in 3rd gear. If it was legal to run the freeway to 130mph I do not believe it would be close when I hit 130. I have also heard people say that from a 20 mph roll they have taken SS’s. I really don’t care since I bought my truck to have a truck not a pretty fast car… just think its funny to see him all flared up cause he thinks he big car is so bad a$$ and smokes everything else out there… the fact is that no other brand truck in near the quickness that the hemi and the SS are. Unless you start talking SRT and Harley Davidson.. we went again I was in 2WD but I spun like crazy and still had the same results.. take care..

:chillpill::cheers:

well SSAlaska didn't run no 14.9 in his 1/4 with his "CUSTOM TUNE". BUT THATS COOL THAT THE MAGAZINES BONE STOCK ONE DID. so maybe they do lie just a little...

but like i said before i didn't buy my truck to run in 1/4 spurts. and that fact that he gained a length early on then started loosing ground means that yes he is quicker starting out but in the long run i would out run him.

i have told him well over a hundred times that his truck is faster then mine in the 1/4 mile and it damn well should be. it is geared to do so.. he constantly forgets me saying that he should be me though. which makes me laugh

so whatever...

i guess it all plays into the fact that my brother had a 69 camaro SS and i grew up with the understanding that SS meant something...

but as SSALASKA has pointed out to me the SS today is nothing more then a body kit with a dressed up body kit... so to me the silveradoSS will never be anything more then a sweet sixteen present for rich kids. just like the daytona ram and the rumble bee...

i believe the SS should not be comparable to the regular chevy 1500 but it is...

i believe the daytona/bee should not be comparable to the ram 1500 but it is...

well SSAlaska didn't run no 14.9 in his 1/4 with his "CUSTOM TUNE".  BUT THATS COOL THAT THE MAGAZINES BONE STOCK ONE DID.  so maybe they do lie just a little...

but like i said before i didn't buy my truck to run in 1/4 spurts.  and that fact that he gained a length early on then started loosing ground means that yes he is quicker starting out but in the long run i would out run him.

i have told him well over a hundred times that his truck is faster then mine in the 1/4 mile and it damn well should be. it is geared to do so..  he constantly forgets me saying that he should be me though.  which makes me laugh

so whatever...

i guess it all plays into the fact that my brother had a 69 camaro SS and i grew up with the understanding that SS meant something...

but as SSALASKA has pointed out to me the SS today is nothing more then a body kit with a dressed up body kit...  so to me the silveradoSS will never be anything more then a sweet sixteen present for rich kids. just like the daytona ram and the rumble bee...

i believe the SS should not be comparable to the regular chevy 1500 but it is...

i believe the daytona/bee should not be comparable to the ram 1500 but it is...

NOTE: My truck is tuned for sea level. LVMS is at 2200 feet if that makes a differnce. Does altitude make a differnce?

Oh and can someone tell me where the extra 1500 pounds on the dodge comes from? I just cant see it, 1500 pounds is alot. Does anyone have a solid weight on a SS?

Archived