Crushed My Roommate

SSAlaska

Hey Ron, :chillpill: This guy is my roommate and friend, take it easy. He is just stating his views. This a forum and he hasnt offended anyone that I know of so relax man.

Oh I'm chill, he just sounded a little ticked in the beginning there. Not here to offend.

By the way, I didn't look, but what do you have done to your truck? I drove a 2004 Hemi quad cad for the first time the other day (rental.) I won't lie, man I was impressed with the response of the Hemi and the rubber I left all over town. I just wanna know what I am looking at if I run one. When I bought the SS (got it used for GOOD price) I was looking at the Rumble Bee, so I would have been doing just what he is.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well im not PO'd...  and yes i will once again for the 4th time on here say it....

SSALASKA'S SS IS FASTER THEN MY QCHEMI in the 1/4...

i didn't do research and i corrected myself on that one so thanks for the look out anyway...

i really don't care about all this as you guys do... i give my roommate sh*t and i will always do that... i really don't care that he can beat me in the 1/4 thats great... whorahh

I am getting so phuking pissed off about all this I LOVE DODGE BS that I think I am going to literally tear every piece of phuking metal off the POS and shove it down your throat ... oh wait a second ... I really don't care ... it was pretty fun to say anyways.

Why don't you ( LVDODGE ) just come to the realization that the SS is faster in the 1/4 mile than your QCHemi .... geezus man come one .... lol :crackup:

just playing fellas ...

well im not PO'd...  and yes i will once again for the 4th time on here say it....

SSALASKA'S SS IS FASTER THEN MY QCHEMI in the 1/4...

i didn't do research and i corrected myself on that one so thanks for the look out anyway...

i really don't care about all this as you guys do... i give my roommate sh*t and i will always do that... i really don't care that he can beat me in the 1/4 thats great... whorahh

I am getting so phuking pissed off about all this I LOVE DODGE BS that I think I am going to literally tear every piece of phuking metal off the POS and shove it down your throat ... oh wait a second ... I really don't care ... it was pretty fun to say anyways. just playing fellas ...

See, all in good fun :chevy:

CRAZYMOPARGUY........

if my truck which we all know is heavier then a RC 2WD hemi had the same mods i have do you think it would stay with my roommate...  he pulled a few feet over a length on me then stopped and i stayed with him to around 85 when we had to hit the brakes due to the 90 degree curve ahead...  i honestly (not talking Sh*t) believe that it would be faster....

Ya know lvdodge, I'm taking a liking to ya. You read all this and put up with it pretty good. A smile on your face even.

:thumbs:

To answer your question- we have a guy at work with a 5.7 hemi 3/4 ton Dodge 4 door long box, his truck is dead stock. He says he can beat his buddy's Rumble Bee 5.7 Hemi RC short box, and that he has done it TONS of times.

I hear the 5.7 is crippled low end by the ECU, for drivetrain warranty purposes, but this work truck seems to be an exception. He can BROIL his tires for as long as he want, and he's done it many a time.

Sometimes what people "know" isn't the truth.

I have very little SSS Chevy experience, but from what I see and read, the trucks are VERY similar in performance, with the launch going to the Chevy, and the top end charge slightly going to the Hemi Ram.

Always?

I doubt it. But that's the way I see it.

I have never seen a site soooooo wound up about another particular comparable vehicle though. These SSS guys on this site post relentlessly about the Hemi Ram.

Anybody disagree?

:lol:

Chopper AKA lvdodge, Better do a walk around on your truck tomorrow. :P You never know when a SILVERADOSS.COM sticker could just pop up on your rear window. :lol::cheers:

But dont be mad, I am helping you. From what I understand its good for atleast 15HP at the wheels. :crackup::flag:

I have never seen a site soooooo wound up about another particular comparable vehicle though. These SSS guys on this site post relentlessly about the Hemi Ram.

Anybody disagree?

Around here, the trucks that especially like to race SSS are hemi rams. With lots of them running around, there are much more encounters with them than say a harley f150. Thus with a greater amount of hemi rams the probability that an encounter with a hemi ram is higher. It's all statistics!! And I notice that in my neck of the woods the Hemi ram drivers tend to like to challenge a lot of other trucks, because you know its got the hemi. Therefore I'm not surprised the majority of the street encounters with other trucks are against the hemi ram.

Anybody disagree?

Around here, the trucks that especially like to race SSS are hemi rams. With lots of them running around, there are much more encounters with them than say a harley f150. Thus with a greater amount of hemi rams the probability that an encounter with a hemi ram is higher. It's all statistics!! And I notice that in my neck of the woods the Hemi ram drivers tend to like to challenge a lot of other trucks, because you know its got the hemi. Therefore I'm not surprised the majority of the street encounters with other trucks are against the hemi ram.

I live in Kokomo, IN....the home of Delphi and Chrysler....right across from each other. I get goosed into running dodges, fords, even other chevys (and a ton of rice) weekly. Any given night I leave work, I can run 5 to 10 Dodge Rams on my trip home after second shift is over at the factory. Some times it's close...I need to get F.I. so it's not even a close anymore. :sigh:

wow this got into a pretty crazy argument. as far as i can tell the 4.10s and the weight diffrence make alot of diffrence in a race. i also have a good friend who talks all the time about how bad ass his hemi is. we took his and my ss out and raced from a start and from rolling and he could never keep up. my brother owns a 6.0 denali and i would bet that this race would be closer than the ss vs. hemi. but any who racing is all about having fun so just enjoy being able to step on the fun pedal and giving someone a run for their money as long as it is in good nature who cares ... oh wait i forgot about bragging rights sorry hemi but it does feel pretty good to win and it does retain your ego to get your doors blown off. besides that my best advice is to have fun, know what you got, keep the trash talk minimal, and like someone else said drive it like you stole it. :cheers:

Archived