Crushed My Roommate

SSAlaska

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does your truck weigh so much more then this one, it is the same as yours right? Says curb weight 4970lbs. Take a look 2004 Hemi 4X4 Pick up. How much does your weight ticket say?

Or look here on the dodge site Dodge page Base Curb Weight W/Auto Transmission says 5091 for a 4x4.

Once again I am confused. :dunno:

Slap him with this... SSS vs. Hemi Ram (Motor Trend)

real numbers don't lie...  :thumbs:

:withstupid:

The link provided shows the times are darned near identical, the SS is quicker by 0.14 seconds, but the Dodge had a slightly higher trap speed.

I don't see how one group can make fun of the other when both trucks are VERY similar as far as performance goes...???

:dunno:

The link provided shows the times are darned near identical, the SS is quicker by 0.14 seconds, but the Dodge had a slightly higher trap speed.

I don't see how one group can make fun of the other when both trucks are VERY similar as far as performance goes...???

But to anyone that has ever raced, the SS seems alot faster. Far more the .14 seconds. :dunno: Mopar do you know where all the extra weight comes from?

But to anyone that has ever raced, the SS seems alot faster. Far more the .14 seconds. :dunno: Mopar do you know where all the extra weight comes from?

Not sure. I don't believe "published" weights most of the time. I would weigh two comparable trucks on the same scales.

yes this is true, but your comparing an ex-cab AWD truck to a reg-cab 2WD.... just saying you add the extra weight of a club cab and the 4x4 the truck is gonna be slower.... do ya kinda understand where i'm coming from? Im not sure how else to put it.... :dunno:

yes this is true, but your comparing an ex-cab AWD truck to a reg-cab 2WD.... just saying you add the extra weight of a club cab and the 4x4 the truck is gonna be slower.... do ya kinda understand where i'm coming from? Im not sure how else to put it.... :dunno:

I said the very same thing when that comparison came out.

The 4x4 might launch way harder, but it's not a regular cab.

Whoever chose those trucks for the comparison should have his eyes looked at?

;)

LOL this is comedy...

it has never been my intention to start crap first of all... both trucks are nice for what both drivers want... and both (as i tell my roommate all the time) are far greater then most other trucks on the market...

the weight of my truck was 6300lbs with no extras my truck and nearly empty gas tank... so where dodge got that whole 5### i have no idea...

mopar guy is right... weigh your truck if you want a weight... i have seen a dodge that looked exactly like mine that weighed much less then mine... i swear they forgot to put something in a lot of the QC 4x4's...

"""I AM NOT A DODGE GUY""" i am not an any brand guy... i have never owned a dodge prior to this and probably would not own one again... unless it was and SRT... ok maybe a challanger when they come out buy only if they put the 6.4L in it with a manual tranny...

i did not get the 2500 or even 3500 cummins for the simple fact that i have nothing to pull or hual but a yamaha grizzly. so that would be a little over kill...

CRAZYMOPARGUY........

if my truck which we all know is heavier then a RC 2WD hemi had the same mods i have do you think it would stay with my roommate... he pulled a few feet over a length on me then stopped and i stayed with him to around 85 when we had to hit the brakes due to the 90 degree curve ahead... i honestly (not talking Sh*t) believe that it would be faster....

by the way... i saw an SS today that had somesort of body kit on it... still had the badges... a differant hood... supercharged... maybe 22" rims... california plates... a bunch of sticker on the back window... a very glossy black/ that looked like it had a blue color in the sun... that thing was bada$$... it sounded like it had straight pipes... and it flew by me on the freeway... he was behind me then he stepped on it and i could here the SC scream then the exhaust and i swear i have never seen a truck more that quick... anyone know who this is???

what the hell is high performance about the SS???

where does it differ from the regular 1500 w/ 6.0???

I would say a few things.

1: Just a po'd loser apparantely... dude you lost, at least you lost to a great truck

2: Do some damn research before you start talking $hit. No one on this site likes a :troll:

Question for the chevy guys. Why in the hell would the fact that the dodge is in 2nd when the SS is in 3rd matter. If nothing else, the SS is struggling at lower R's while that Dodge is all wound up?!? I mean there is a little give and take here with the gearing. An upshift isn't always an advantage. Not trying to stir up the SS -vs- Dodge world here, but could someone elaborate.

well im not PO'd... and yes i will once again for the 4th time on here say it....

SSALASKA'S SS IS FASTER THEN MY QCHEMI in the 1/4...

i didn't do research and i corrected myself on that one so thanks for the look out anyway...

i really don't care about all this as you guys do... i give my roommate sh*t and i will always do that... i really don't care that he can beat me in the 1/4 thats great... whorahh

what the hell is high performance about the SS???

where does it differ from the regular 1500 w/ 6.0???

I would say a few things.

1: Just a po'd loser apparantely... dude you lost, at least you lost to a great truck

2: Do some damn research before you start talking $hit. No one on this site likes a :troll:

Hey Ron, :chillpill: This guy is my roommate and friend, take it easy. He is just stating his views. This a forum and he hasnt offended anyone that I know of so relax man.

Archived