Crushed My Roommate

SSAlaska

LV Dodge, Thank you for basically showing the SS guys why the 'Hemi' Rams are so damn slow. Far too overweight and even more then they are claimed to be. Is your truck bone stock or do you have a lift, tires, accessories or anything? Just curious WTF would make your truck almost a grand overweight.

If you've ever studied 4wd systems you would know that when the front axles are locked the front and rear aren't exactly spinning at the exact speeds. Without any slippage in the front(driving at 80mph for example) the front becomes faster/slower then the rear. This can cause binding in the drivetrain and wear and tear on the drivetrain and tires. I wouldn't exactly go by what DC might say, given that they made the calibur and a 4dr charger.. but they are right and wrong. Will it blow up your truck doing it for a minute? Probably not. Will it put extra wear and tear on your 4wd system, transfer case, diffs, axles and driveshafts? You Betcha. I'm not 100% on every inch of the new Ram 4wd part time systems, but I know they aren't anything different then the norm.

I never said you were trying to start shit. I said you are the kinda guy that these guys love to rip on, not Race. These SS guys rip on the Ram guys enough, Let alone to have one come in and talk trash on his roomates SS that he KNOWS is faster and more useful then his Ram. Don't try to defend yourself if you know you are slower :-).

I'm really not trying to dawg on you, sorry if it seems like that. Just thought your posts were funny as shit lol.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBX59RT

the only aftermarket items i have that would really add weight are the wheels/tires, and the speaker box i have which is heavy as hell... but not near 1000lbs....

just a heavy block of metal on wheels...

i do know about 4WD systems as they are all i have ever owned... and i grew up in northern california where, by the way, it just snowed 8 inches the other day...

i learned to drive in the snow and ice and usually ran all of my trucks in 4HI all winter long... highway and in town... also i just left 3 years in anchorage alaska where my truck never came out of 4WD 4 or 5 months out of the year... have never had any issues... i even know what your saying about binding the drive lines up... my brother has done that.. tore the transfer case up pretty good..but it was on a 1986 ford... i have never heard of anyone having an issue like that on the newer systems...

really don't think that the SS is more useful...

maybe down here in the dry desert of nevada... or maybe even in the rain...

but in the snow i have been in AWD vehicles that were not very good in the snow and ice...

also i got my truck so that when i get out of the military i would have one nearly paid off that i could haul my 4wheeler/dirt bike around and go camping...

if i owned an SS i would not leave the pavement... (i don't think many owners would) i think i would feel worse about my 4 wheeler ramps scraching the hell out of the ss then i would about my everyday truck. and when we go out camping driving through the woods i would rather not drive my SS... you know what i mean???? so to you maybe the SS is more useful but for me its not...

take it easy...

... if i owned an SS i would not leave the pavement... (i don't think many owners would) i think i would feel worse about my 4 wheeler ramps scraching the hell out of the ss then i would about my everyday truck. and when we go out camping driving through the woods i would rather not drive my SS... you know what i mean???? so to you maybe the SS is more useful but for me its not...

I took my SSS deer hunting right when I first got it and we got 10" of snow one night and I had to drive unplowed logging roads with blowdowns everywhere. Scratched the hell out of it :banghead: but I remembered I bought it because it was a truck. If I wanted a road race car I could've gotten a faster car cheaper. But I do kick myself everytime I wash it. :mad:

... if i owned an SS i would not leave the pavement... (i don't think many owners would) i think i would feel worse about my 4 wheeler ramps scraching the hell out of the ss then i would about my everyday truck. and when we go out camping driving through the woods i would rather not drive my SS... you know what i mean???? so to you maybe the SS is more useful but for me its not...

I took my SSS deer hunting right when I first got it and we got 10" of snow one night and I had to drive unplowed logging roads with blowdowns everywhere. Scratched the hell out of it :banghead: but I remembered I bought it because it was a truck. If I wanted a road race car I could've gotten a faster car cheaper. But I do kick myself everytime I wash it. :mad:

They will polish out .... USE THE TRUCK!

Archived