Cam advice

Im looking to install a new cam and stall. As for the cam, on a scale of 1 to 10...10 being most agressive, I would like to be a 8. I was thinking about doing a Yank 3200 stall. I have no idea what I would need with the Vortech.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just put a cam in my truck, it was adams that he never installed , futral motorsports mad eit for him specifically for the vortech, i just did a re tune on my truck with the mods i have now and the cam and it runs really nice. the specs on the cam wereis 213-219-15 +3 intake valve lift/.53577 and exhaust .54634. i know i could have gone bigger but the truck is my dd right now!

2800 to 3000-rpm stall is the usual recommendation in our trucks with a Vortech. I would look for a grind on a 115-degree LSA but with a bit more duration, like intake in the low-to-mid 220s - but that's my personal taste, I like rowdier cams!

Mr. P. :)

2800 to 3000-rpm stall is the usual recommendation in our trucks with a Vortech

I was hoping you would chim in considering your cam knowledge. As for the TC if that the case I will do the Yank TT3000 that is on sale for $480. Do you think I should go this route rather then the TB one? What do you think about the cam?

on a scale from 1 to 10 you want like and 8

why not try the magic stick from TSP?

im going to try a GT2-5 out here soon. its already in my motor just waiting on dropping it in the truck

if the cam isnt large enough im deff stepping up

Here's my cut-n-paste from pt.net:

Generally speaking, for a cent. supercharger you want as close to 0* overlap as you can get, and you want a little exhaust bias. Something like a 228 236 .575ish/.575ish 116lsa. Thats a fairly big cam for 6.0L, sio as Mark said, expect custom tuning, low vacuum on idle and all that.

If I were you, I'd start talking to some cam grinders as well (Vinci, Ed Curtis, TSP, etc). You're going to want springs as well most likely.

I was thinking about calling Frutal and talking to them about things. I will end up adding the meth soon so I don't want to end up kicking myself in the ass for not getting the cam that will fill my needs for now and then. Im sure they can answer every question I have.

Radix cams????? What????? Thread highjacker :nono:

I was thinking about calling Frutal and talking to them about things. I will end up adding the meth soon so I don't want to end up kicking myself in the ass for not getting the cam that will fill my needs for now and then. Im sure they can answer every question I have.

Radix cams????? What????? Thread highjacker :nono:

Hey, u should of got a radix. :jester:

Well I talked with the guys over ate Vinci and they want me to run thier XXX cam wich is something like 222/228 115lsa and with a 1.8 arm to increase everything 2-3 deg. This is big $$$$$ due to the dual springs they have $500 alone, arms $600 forget it! I just want a stick and springs damn it!

Archived