Cam advice

Those will be good to up the boost a little also. :devil:

Shifting over to SVO42s would help. Their rating is 42 @43psi, or actually a little lower like 39psi. So to run them @58psi and using 43psi rating as a starting point, your new flow rate would be about 49lbhr.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those will be good to up the boost a little also. :devil:

Shifting over to SVO42s would help.  Their rating is 42 @43psi, or actually a little lower like 39psi.  So to run them @58psi and using 43psi rating as a starting point, your new flow rate would be about 49lbhr.

That's still going to be in the 90% IDC range for 500 awhp.

If Im going to buy new injectors I should just go ahead and buy 60's. The price difference is minimal. The only problem is do I have to tun a low impedence box for them since they are over 50lbs. Whats the story with the connectors? What injecter do they make that will fit my rail with my harness no altering to anything just plug and play. I can run this injector for $55 ea.

Part Number 17113738 (OE # 17104487)

Static Flow Rate: 50.0 lb/hr @ 43.5PSI (300kPa) 525cc/min or 6.4gm/sec

Static Flow Rate: 57.7 lb/hr @ 58.0PSI (400kPa) 606cc/min or 7.4gm/sec

Dynamic Flow Rate: 1.1 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate @ 43.5PSI (300KPa)

Dynamic Flow Rate: 1.3 gm/pulse - 2.5ms pulse width and 10ms repetition rate @ 58.0PSI (400KPa)

Coil Resistance: 12 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)

Cone Spray Angle - 22.4 degrees - single spray cone. Approximate cone angle for 90% of spray volume

You don't need a peak and hold driver for anything high impedence, although my 60s seemed to run better with the peak and hold (although I only ran it that way for 15 minutes before putting in the 75s).

If you're going to change to higher injectors, get the motoron 60 stubbies -- then you only need to swap the plugs and not mess with shimming the rails -- http://www.racetronix.com/S107FM.html They are the same price.

To hit 500 awhp on 42lbers, you're going to be in the range of 95% injector duty cycle at 58psi of fuel pressure and assuming a BFSC of .6.  Its not as bad as it sounds though, seeing as how thats a 2003 with a vacuum regulated fpr, you're probably a little higher on fp at wot (and not sure if vortech uses a boost sensitive FMU anymore?)

To get back to 80% IDC, you need 50lb injectors (rated @43.5 psi).  The only way to hit 80% with the 42lbers is to run 85psi of fuel  :eek:

We can tell the turbo guys who like to show off their lack of parasitic drag. :jester: The injector size will actually be higher for a blown application. there is easily 50-70hp of drag from the blower which means that the engine still has to fuel enough air to compensate for that also.

Archived