Chips and tuners

SSminneapolis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went with the Predator. I could feel a difference in the pickup. Everything was smooth until one day I wanted to play with the parameters and before I could do anything something went bad and shut my computer down. I couldnt start my truck. Finally got the programmer to reinstall the stock. Had to send it back and they replaced the programmer. So there was a period of about 2 weeks where i was riding stock again, and boy I could tell a difference in the pickup and gas mileage. Since then things have been cool.

Interesting, so you have a new Predator now and no problems? I've spoken to the people at DiabloSport and they suggested removing some fuses before you use the programmer. They said it's a good thing to do this no matter if you have Onstar or not.

Can you tell us more about what it did for you. How were the shifts, did it still fall on it's face shifting at WOT? What type of changes did you make as far as shift points, shift firmness, etc? I'm interested in the Predator but want to have as much info as possible before purchasing. Thanks

BTW-where did you get yours?

Went with the Predator.  I could feel a difference in the pickup.  Everything was smooth until one day I wanted to play with the parameters and before I could do anything something went bad and shut my computer down.  I couldnt start my truck.  Finally got the programmer to reinstall the stock.  Had to send it back and they replaced the programmer.  So there was a period of about 2 weeks where i was riding stock again, and boy I could tell a difference in the pickup and gas mileage.  Since then things have been cool.

I'm with Rico. I want the Preditor, but have heard it is a bit unreliable on the SS. Can you share more with us?

When I questioned them about the unreliability, their comments were pertaining to some fuses with Onstar, and I definitely have the Onstar thing.

BTW, what other mods do you have on your truck?

the superchips tuner does a great job with the shift points...stock when gunning it there is a huge delay and when the tranny shifts there is a consideradle jump as well...after install...from a dead stop to full thorttle...it really smooths the process out...and the shifts you are hardly feel....torque management is okay...overall i wish i hadn't lost as much on the bottom end...but the gains that it makes on the top are wonderful...when passing someone who is going 60..all that is needed in a slight throttle adjustment...any more than that and i get catapulted about 10 car lengths beyond where i was intending...

So there's no delay like stock? Also, does the superchips allow you to fine tune the shift points where you want them? I'm looking for all the info I can on it and you're the first SS owner I know of using it. Any information you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks

I added the superchips tuner about a month ago on mine, is definately a step in the right direction. upped rev limiter to 6k, 1-2nd is now at 5800. used the sc recommended settings for all shift points and pressures. shift points are tunable to go +/- about 10mph for each gear. fuel cut-off is supposed to be about 145. U can make changes for gears and tires up to 36".

The sluggish shifting is gone, no more falling flat on its face in 2nd. Off the line feels about like stock, but when it hits about 3000rpm it comes alive. Was skeptical about it working in the LQ9, but they assured me that they had done their homework. It read my VIN and installed perfectly(in their parking lot). $450 and an hour drive well spent!

Archived