Chips and tuners

SSminneapolis

LS1 Edits Unlimited $5000 it might take a while to get it back.  :thumbs:

01/02 LS1 truck (4.8 LR4, 6.0 LQ4, 5.3 LM7, 8.1L L18, 5.7L L31, 4.3L L35 V6)

and 2002 LS1 truck (6.0L LQ9, 5.3L FFV) Editor/Programmer Package. Unlimited PCM's

$5000

Ouch! that's a supercharger!!!!!!!!!!

There is one other slight problem as far as me getting LS-1 edit. I don't have a laptop. So I would have to factor in that cost also. That 3 hour drive to San Antonio once in awhile for free tweaks looks more appealing all the time. :D

Eric,

Do like I plan and use one from your command. We get assigned laptops.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a guy who works at hypertech here in Memphis. He said they ordered two four wheel dynos about 2 or 3 weeks ago. He said they should already have been delivered, but he hasn't seen them come in yet. He says they should have the programer ready about 2 weeks after the dyno comes in. Hope it will be soon. He says I will be one of the first ones he will program after it is complete. I will keep ya'll posted if I hear anything. :flag:

I just received the superchips tuner. Got it for $ 274.99. If anyone else wants one at this price call Lori at Bay Area Performance her number is 281-420-1915

These are still available at this price. Tell her your from Silverads SS . com Probably won't see this kinda pricing again.

Any of you guys in Texas, specifically the San Antonio area. I talked to a guy named Alan at Nelson Performance.

Nelson Performance

He does performance tunes using LS-1 edit. I am going to take mine to him but he also will do it through the mail. He will program a PCM, send it to you and then you send him yours. Or you can send him yours and he will send it back. He is going to charge me $415 which isn't anything special but will reprogram it any time I add a mod or want to change something for free. Really great guy who seems to know alot about our truck. He is actually doing a Radix/Cam install on one right now. He is going to post the process and results on his site when he is done.

Hey, thanks for props slimsoftball, I look forward to tuning your truck. I know there's a lot more in there.

-----------------

Keep in mind hand held tuners are ok, but they are meant for thousands of trucks just like yours and the programs are limited and hold back on their tuning, they have to make sure their program is going to run ok on all trucks.

With a custom tune, you get a lot more.

The tune is catered to your truck and your driving habits.

I just tuned a '02HD 1500 with a magnacharger, it comes with a Superchips, with that tuning it ran a 15.2, after I tuned it , 14.6.

With the generic tuners, a/f ratio is rich, ltims are positive, rev limiters are too low, shifts are too weak, downshifting isn't correct, etc...

I'm sure Superchips can tune just as well with a one on one tuning session, but the programmers that come with these kits are, 1 size fits all.

I don't mean to offend anyone, there's just no substitute for a custom tune, tailored to your truck.

thanks,

allen

I know a guy who works at hypertech here in Memphis. He said they ordered two four wheel dynos about 2 or 3 weeks ago. He said they should already have been delivered, but he hasn't seen them come in yet. He says they should have the programer ready about 2 weeks after the dyno comes in. Hope it will be soon. He says I will be one of the first ones he will program after it is complete. I will keep ya'll posted if I hear anything. :flag:

:confused: ANY UPDATES ON THE HYPERTECH? I just sent them an email to see what's going on!! Did you find out anything else?

Thanks

:thumbs:

Archived