Chips and tuners

SSminneapolis

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the superchips tuner does a great job with the shift points...stock when gunning it there is a huge delay and when the tranny shifts there is a consideradle jump as well...after install...from a dead stop to full thorttle...it really smooths the process out...and the shifts you are hardly feel....torque management is okay...overall i wish i hadn't lost as much on the bottom end...but the gains that it makes on the top are wonderful...when passing someone who is going 60..all that is needed in a slight throttle adjustment...any more than that and i get catapulted about 10 car lengths beyond where i was intending...

How hard is to install a superchip? is it like the hypertech power programmer? Just plug in and play? also how much would a superchip will go for? Also could I get a part # for it.

I am still waiting for Hypertech to bring out there version in January, the amount of time they have had for R&D I would think they may be the best bet for performance. Really the only reason I am waiting is because a friend of mine gave me his programmer and I’ll get it recalibrated when Hypertech releases the new version…save $$…

BTW, i have yet to hear a bad thing about superchips..

Any of you guys in Texas, specifically the San Antonio area. I talked to a guy named Alan at Nelson Performance.

Nelson Performance

He does performance tunes using LS-1 edit. I am going to take mine to him but he also will do it through the mail. He will program a PCM, send it to you and then you send him yours. Or you can send him yours and he will send it back. He is going to charge me $415 which isn't anything special but will reprogram it any time I add a mod or want to change something for free. Really great guy who seems to know alot about our truck. He is actually doing a Radix/Cam install on one right now. He is going to post the process and results on his site when he is done.

Yep.

I mean you could spend $500 and get LS-1 edit for yourself, but I am not neccessarily that motivated. Especially since he will change it for free after that.

The only benefit of me taking it to him is he gets to have it there and drive it. makes it easier to tune.

LS1 Edits Unlimited $5000 it might take a while to get it back. :thumbs:

01/02 LS1 truck (4.8 LR4, 6.0 LQ4, 5.3 LM7, 8.1L L18, 5.7L L31, 4.3L L35 V6)

and 2002 LS1 truck (6.0L LQ9, 5.3L FFV) Editor/Programmer Package. Unlimited PCM's

$5000

LS1 Edits Unlimited $5000 it might take a while to get it back. :thumbs:

01/02 LS1 truck (4.8 LR4, 6.0 LQ4, 5.3 LM7, 8.1L L18, 5.7L L31, 4.3L L35 V6)

and 2002 LS1 truck (6.0L LQ9, 5.3L FFV) Editor/Programmer Package. Unlimited PCM's

$5000

Ouch! that's a supercharger!!!!!!!!!!

There is one other slight problem as far as me getting LS-1 edit. I don't have a laptop. So I would have to factor in that cost also. That 3 hour drive to San Antonio once in awhile for free tweaks looks more appealing all the time. :D

Archived