lets see your gauges

Holty

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

now that i got my WB and my interceptor i'm getting ready to mount everything up. i have the same setup as 04CHASE using the socal deisel gauge pod, but now i have a problem. my interceptor gauge fits in it perfectly, but my WB does not even come close. now i'm going to have to make something up and i'm pissed. that socal deisel piece was expensive. what kind of material should i use to mount the gauges up there? plastic, aluminum, etc?

now that i got my WB and my interceptor i'm getting ready to mount everything up.  i have the same setup as 04CHASE using the socal deisel gauge pod, but now i have a problem.  my interceptor gauge fits in it perfectly, but my WB does not even come close.  now i'm going to have to make something up and i'm pissed.  that socal deisel piece was expensive.  what kind of material should i use to mount the gauges up there?  plastic, aluminum, etc?

What wideband did you get?

I used a metal plate and glued 1/4" foam on it. I then covered it in high quality black padded vinyl. The foam padding will hide any imperfections from where you cut and gives it a more "interior" soft look. I did one with carbon fiber but didn't like the look. A bit ricy IMO and didn't hide the minor areas where the gauge fit flush.

FYI, the cable for the scan gauge will just reach the overhead area. You will have to relocate the OBD-II port to the fuse panel area as well.

Don't forget to post pics of the finished project! :cheers:

Just me speaking here...but I think you guys get too wrapped around the axle in how things look. Practicality should be the issue here. A boost gauge not optimally placed for the road and the gauge view simultaneously (meaning pillar or possibly dash mount above the speedometer), is just flat out dangerous. When I was in boost I was moving pretty damn quick - maybe not the case with you guys - so taking your eyes off of what you were doing to look up or down was/is just crazy - even for a split second. The only time you really pay attention to boost is when it's peaked, or nearly so. It is also your fastest time period.

Worried about "how it looks" is thinking like the guy with the ricer - that is all they care about. You guys should put your proirity elsewhere. If bling and snappy looks are your thing - then carry on.

That's my .02. Take it for what it's worth. My public service announcement for today.

Just me speaking here...but I think you guys get too wrapped around the axle in how things look.  Practicality should be the issue here.  A boost gauge not optimally placed for the road and the gauge view simultaneously (meaning pillar or possibly dash mount above the speedometer), is just flat out dangerous.  When I was in boost I was moving pretty damn quick - maybe not the case with you guys - so taking your eyes off of what you were doing to look up or down was/is just crazy - even for a split second.  The only time you really pay attention to boost is when it's peaked, or nearly so.  It is also your fastest time period.

Worried about "how it looks" is thinking like the guy with the ricer - that is all they care about.  You guys should put your proirity elsewhere.  If bling and snappy looks are your thing - then carry on. 

That's my .02.  Take it for what it's worth.  My public service announcement for today.

i think your just getting old ben :jester:

I knew somebody was going to say that. :banghead:

I don't knock what you guys have done, but shopping around for the "best looking" gauge setup is just rediculus.

The parallex error alone makes a lot of those useless IMO, but I'm not the one using them. Another reason why I chose digital gauges. I didn't have to worry about needles and the reading I got was more accurate than any needle gauge sold.

Like I said, if bling is your thing........

Just me speaking here...but I think you guys get too wrapped around the axle in how things look.  Practicality should be the issue here.  A boost gauge not optimally placed for the road and the gauge view simultaneously (meaning pillar or possibly dash mount above the speedometer), is just flat out dangerous.  When I was in boost I was moving pretty damn quick - maybe not the case with you guys - so taking your eyes off of what you were doing to look up or down was/is just crazy - even for a split second.  The only time you really pay attention to boost is when it's peaked, or nearly so.  It is also your fastest time period.

Worried about "how it looks" is thinking like the guy with the ricer - that is all they care about.  You guys should put your proirity elsewhere.  If bling and snappy looks are your thing - then carry on. 

That's my .02.  Take it for what it's worth.  My public service announcement for today.

Thats why my boost gauge has a recal function and a warning light to tell me when im at close to full boost. Plus I do have it mounted in my A-pillar, makes it easy to track everything

Dude, what are you talking about? Thats rediculous that you judge me and anyone else like that. How do you know what i'm about? You don't know me, so don't act like you do. I take pride in how my truck looks, inside and out. There is no way i'm mounting my gauges up on the dash like some old 70's muscle car. If that was the look i was going for then fine, but its not. My 3 pod gauge pillar is full, so that option is out. I don't have many options and i want a CLEAN gauge setup. yes it is not the BEST spot for them, but i don't see any other options for a nice clean install. also, keep in mind, we're not talking about boost gauges here, i'm installing my wideband and interceptor gauges up there.

hey holty... lay off ben we dont need the bickering shit here... just leave it and move on if you dont like what someone else has to say... ya know? I'm not trying to butt in, but ive been there and its totally not worth the time... just move on, trust me, its the best thing you can do (way more rewarding than trying to argue or get a point across on the internet), that being said.....

ANYWHO.... you mite be interrested in this... (i like it, but not sure if i would go through the trouble... trouble meaning taking the time to make the paint match perfect etc etc etc....)

(i believe this to look the cleanest aswell... like factory)

post-6154-1146622734_thumb.jpg

Link to purchase this product

Archived