Onstar renewal notice

a-blur-by-you

I did......for the tracking feature if anything !

Just incase she gets stolen. But some say it can be disconncted.

What if their not pros and dont disconnect ??  We got em !!

its only money !

Good point but the problem I have with the whole tracking thing is if my truck

does get jacked (better not :mad: ) almost all go into Mexico, and you guessed it NO tracking in Mexico :mad::mad:

I'm pretty sure it can be disabled by unscrewing the antenna on the roof...I think the dumbest criminal could figure that one out.

I've renewed mine twice, I hate paying, but I have used it a few times and it's nice to know it's there. Plus I get a decent discount on my auto insurance.

I'm pretty sure it can be disabled by unscrewing the antenna on the roof...I think the dumbest criminal could figure that one out.

I've renewed mine twice, I hate paying, but I have used it a few times and it's nice to know it's there.  Plus I get a decent discount on my auto insurance.

Yup any decent thief can very easily disable the tracking part of onstar if you use it only for this feature your better off looking at some alarm companys products that will prob be better and cheaper.I didnt renew never pressed the onstar button in the year i had it and never had a problem for 15 years before that, to me onstar is great if you have money to waste.

from being in the dealership I would say that people who use it once will usually never be without it again. People who never hit the button don't really care one way or the other. If my truck had it I'd keep it on just for the airbag notification since I do alot of driving on rural roads with alot of deer.

I use the phone feature sometimes so I decided to renew it. Don't rely on their tracking of your vehicle. I had my 8.1 stolen which had the onstar on it, and I called like within 15 minutes after the truck was gone and they could not get a signal. :mad: Onstar is a nice feature though, they should just make the theft recovery system a lot harder to disable.

Archived