Racing on the Streets = Dead Bodies

geomcrider

http://www.nbc30.com/news/8906851/detail.html

If you seen these pictures on the news...you would believe it !!

Young father snuffed out.......for nothing

Sounds like its a dangerous place to drive, let alone race... two other people died weeks before in separate incidents, and doubtful they were racing too.

Yeah, here in hartford the street racing, is getting out of control. We get about 100-150 cars a night from other states. Majority from mass, others new york, then there are plenty from ct. They have started cracking down on the car not from this state in hopes to tame down, efforts just seem to attract more attention though.

Its worth the danger.  If you dont take risks in life, whats the point of living?

I tend to agree, but again the problem is it's not just you and the guy you're racing that you're putting at risk. Some unrelated person can get injured or killed who didn't get to decide whether or not to take that risk.

Obviously we all have to be in control and I think if necessary pass on a race if we see pedestrian or other auto traffic we could encounter.

Everybody be careful out there... :sigh:

Its worth the danger.  If you dont take risks in life, whats the point of living?

you think it would be worth the risk if some dumbass 16 year old kid in a riced out civic hit your wife and kids and killed them? you need to turn the situation around and think if it was your family that got killed cause some dumbass was drag racing to see which piece of shit honda was faster. i think you need to rethink your comment "its worth the danger". :sigh:

you think it would be worth the risk if some dumbass 16 year old kid in a riced out civic hit your wife and kids and killed them? you need to turn the situation around and think if it was your family that got killed cause some dumbass was drag racing to see which piece of shit honda was faster. i think you need to rethink your comment "its worth the danger". :sigh:

:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid:

:withstupid: Been there. Except it was a 15 year old in a mercedes, and he hit my neighbor and dog going way to dam fast in our neighborhood(we are talking 60-70mph in a 20). Neighbor was airlifted and ended up having his leg aputated below the knee. Unfortunately our dog was killed.

There are a few things to consider when the topic of street racing comes up. This same thing could have happened if one of these guys were just out cranking on it whether they were racing or not. Almost all street racing accidents are from dumbass's racing where there is traffic or people around to get hurt. I've seen dumbass's racing in residential area's, streets where there are crosswalks that are actually used, racing and not letting up for red lights, etc. There is always a danger when you are running speeds well over the speed limit, but there are also places where you stand much less chance of a wreck and even less chance of hurting someone other than yourself if you wreck. This kind of thing reminds me of all the people that complain about people driving while using their cell phone. The kind of people that drive bad when they are talking on their phone are also the kind of people that are just bad drivers in general. These people could do the same thing that they'd do on their phone by simply changing the radio station and taking their eye's off the road, talking with someone else in the car (remember that's really about all a cell phone is accomplishing), searching for something in the car that they dropped onto the floor, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am talking about the risk of getting in trouble by police. I assume you people had the common sense to know that racing in a crowded area is a bad Idea which I never do.

Crazymoparguy, I do hit the track. You should come to my track so I can whoop your ass.

• 4 weeks later...

U can argue this issue all day I use to go to the track but they closed all of tracks down the closest one is charleston! That is 2 hrs away and why buy this truck why make peformance packages for the public cause they look pretty yea right! I dont think anyone here drives like that through traffic thats import shit not street racing! Most people go to industral areas anyway late at night where there are no people! thats how it is in Ft Worth!

Archived